UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
my wife took a long time too, even with the sweeps and two hormone drips. it was our first though.

i reckon that if you bake a cake, as soon as you put it in the oven you'll have to go into hospital!

hope it all goes well!

Woo Hoo!
celebrate.gif
Congratulations!

Do you know which of your girls laid it? What colour is it?

Two more of my older girls have come back into lay in the last couple of days. One of my wellies ;laid me a beautiful large dark brown egg just a short time ago and her legbar pal laid me a gorgeous blue one 2 days ago and then another today. Early cycle eggs are so pretty!

Harry is still getting run out of town by the "Henry and Oik" tag team. I feel so sorry for him but then when I put food down for him out of the way, he won't share it if a hen come over, so I'm losing patience with him. It's not like he's starving because I make sure he gets plenty, so there is no excuse for ungentlemanly behaviour. It's starting to look like Henry is not even going to tolerate him as second in command the way things are going, so Harry and the Oik may both go the journey and perhaps it's time for some new blood. Argh! Poultry politics are nearly worse than human politics!

@GGBEAR

Really feeling your discomfort and anxiety. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

@Yorkshirecoop

Yes I had thought it might be gravel/abscess. Gave his hoof a good clean up and couldn't see anything but rang my farrier on the off chance he could pop in when passing. He was good enough to stop in last night at 6pm on his way home and used the hoof testers and had a bit dig at anything that looked remotely discoloured, but couldn't find anything and no reaction from Rasc to the testers. Bute and cold wraps have taken a lot of the swelling out, although it's still a bit warm. Going to see how it goes over the weekend and maybe poultice it to see if anything busts out once it's been soaked, but farrier due back to shoe next Tue, so I really want to get to the bottom of it before then, as don't want to pay for a set of shoes to be put on only to need that one taken off again and him to be out of action.

Off out tonight to see the Strictly Come Dancing tour. My sister is treating me for my birthday, which is next week. Must dash and lock chucks away before I get myself glammed up to go! .

Lol can take up to 48 hours but I'm still sat here nothing happened got another sweep on Monday ouch Spivey food she loves and me as for early nights ive tried even though I really don't feel like it and believe me a hippopotamus is kind lol
A walk in the park rofl who u kidding ha ha
I wont forget pictures execs thanks

Let's hope it works Monday if she has not made an appearance by then :fl
Good luck :hugs

my wife took a long time too, even with the sweeps and two hormone drips. it was our first though.
i reckon that if you bake a cake, as soon as you put it in the oven you'll have to go into hospital! 
hope it all goes well!

Charlie took three attempts to arrive but only three days late. Went in twice with false alarms so it was third time lucky for me. Baking a cake is a good idea :D

in other news, got my *first* egg today! brilliant, just as im about to go away for a week.

:woot No you can change your signature! :highfive:

Woo Hoo! :celebrate Congratulations!

Two more of my older girls have come back into lay in the last couple of days. One of my wellies ;laid me a beautiful large dark brown egg just a short time ago and her legbar pal laid me a gorgeous blue one 2 days ago and then another today. Early cycle eggs are so pretty!

Harry is still getting run out of town by the "Henry and Oik" tag team. I feel so sorry for him but then when I put food down for him out of the way, he won't share it if a hen come over, so I'm losing patience with him. It's not like he's starving because I make sure he gets plenty, so there is no excuse for ungentlemanly behaviour. It's starting to look like Henry is not even going to tolerate him as second in command the way things are going, so Harry and the Oik may both go the journey and perhaps it's time for some new blood. Argh! Poultry politics are nearly worse than human politics!

@Yorkshirecoop

Yes I had thought it might be gravel/abscess. Gave his hoof a good clean up and couldn't see anything but rang my farrier on the off chance he could pop in when passing. He was good enough to stop in last night at 6pm on his way home and used the hoof testers and had a bit dig at anything that looked remotely discoloured, but couldn't find anything and no reaction from Rasc to the testers. Bute and cold wraps have taken a lot of the swelling out, although it's still a bit warm. Going to see how it goes over the weekend and maybe poultice it to see if anything busts out once it's been soaked, but farrier due back to shoe next Tue, so I really want to get to the bottom of it before then, as don't want to pay for a set of shoes to be put on only to need that one taken off again and him to be out of action.

Off out tonight to see the Strictly Come Dancing tour. My sister is treating me for my birthday, which is next week. Must dash and lock chucks away before I get myself glammed up to go!  .  

More eggs! :clap
Harry and the oik getting the chop then, as they are some new blood may be good. A pain in the backside yes but chicken politics are a very interesting to watch. What they get up to and how things change in the pecking order can be fascinating.
Hope you get rascals leg sorted :fl And before he gets his new shoes on. Does your farrier charge for refits if he has to come back out? Have you had a chat with the vet? Ours is not too bad and you can ring and grill them on things before getting them out, could be an option.

Glammed up and going out :eek: Have a fab time Barabara :thumbsup
What day is your birthday?

Woo Hoo!
celebrate.gif
Congratulations!

pretty sure it was my partridge pekin, it seems too small to be from my leghorns and i think all 4 of my hens will be laying white eggs. my other pekin has a lighter colour comb so logic points at nutmeg.

Quote:
done!

@rebrascora

How was your glammed up night out then Barabara? Any plans for your birthday? It's this coming week isn't it? Anyone had the chop yet at your place?
All quiet here but better news on the egg front, I got 5 eggs today :woot plus 5 eggs the other day too :woot I was a crazy lady running into the house with them!!
Generally I've been getting between 1-3 a day so 5 was a like finding a pot of gold :D
:fl Rascal's leg is doing ok.
Have a lovely evening :frow

@philyc

Nice egg there :thumbsup
Have you had anymore yet?

@GGBEAR

Hope your doing ok? :hugs

I'm OK thanks still sat here bursting got another sweep tomorrow!!!!! My due date tomorrow:*:)*(
Can hardly move.

On another subject I'm just waiting for my ducks to start laying this bloody weather is sending them doo lally lol

Hope all you lovelies are doing fine xx

Get the flags & bunting out :yiipchick I've ridden Harry horse today :woot
Thank goodness he behaved after having nearly 6 weeks off :D

Egg count going up, got a whopping big haul of 6 eggs yesterday!!

Hope everyone is well :fl

Any action @GGBEAR :pop

Oh!.... You had me thinking there was news from GGBEAR on the baby front, when I read that first line!

Pleased to hear you've been riding though and Harry was a good lad. It's my birthday tomorrow and my sister is coming over, so we will be riding out then. Rascal seems to have got over whatever the problem was with his leg/hoof for now and they all have shiny new shoes on, so we are ready to go. And no...., the blacksmith didn't charge me.... I have really brilliant service from them.... two lovely young lads who sometimes work together, although it was just Shaun on his own who stopped in to look at Rasc last week on his way home although he took quite a detour to come down to my place. He showed me a photo of one of his horses with it's leg cut so far open mid cannon that it looked like the leg was hanging off. I would have assumed it was a gonner from the photo.... it was horrific It's cost him £2000 in vets bills so far and they are hoping to save it. He had that to go back and dress after looking at Rasc, I felt such a fraud asking him to check out such a minor concern on mine at short notice when he has such a major injury at home to deal with.... Needless to say he left with half a dozen eggs.

I had a whopping 13 eggs yesterday but unfortunately one had been kicked out of the nest box and I stood on it in the dark when I went to do a head count and fasten them in. Production was looking quite slow this morning though as I only had 2 by midday.
sad.png

My flock leader situation has not improved, nor have I intervened yet. In fact Harry was wandering around on the floor in the coop the other night looking decidedly unwell. I picked him up and he's lost an awful lot of weight. I'm now wondering if her is ill and that is why they have deposed him or he is weak from being chased away from food. I keep putting some down out of sight of the others for him and he eats a bit but it's looking more and more like it's time to cull him.... he's not happy and the other two chase him as soon as they see him. I'm thinking I might buy some hatching eggs from a local breeder as soon as I have a hen go broody. I fancy some more RIRs and cream legbars and maybe a couple of Vorwerk or Barnevelders. I'm hoping that if I broody rear them within the flock they will cope with the Marek;s like my home bred chicks are doing.

Oh and the Strictly Tour night was brilliant thanks. Despite what I said, I failed to glam myself up but at least I was clean and not wearing jodhpurs!! My sis looked absolutely stunning but then she has a husband that allows her to buy whatever clothes she wishes and of course she has great taste and style.... afraid I'm just too happy being a scruff bag!

Ian bough me a shiny new wheelbarrow and some more fruit trees for my birthday.... just my sort of presents! I took the mickey out of him for not wrapping them though and of course he dumped them outside my door three days early.... such a romantic!! I think we might go to the cinema tomorrow night to see Dad's Army and maybe splash out and have a burger! Last of the big spenders!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that we hear from GG soon and all is well.

Regards

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom