UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
I'm not sure about the detached air sac but I'm glad things are looking more positive for you. We just candled the first lot of eggs from our breeding stock on Sunday and we have 100% fertility! (At least so far lol) I can't wait to see how many actually make it to lock down. *fingers crossed*

Hi,

I'm a Yank living in the tropics of Rutland, the smallest county in England. I say the tropics because it is 94 degrees today! We had a very cold Spring, so this uncivilized heat is oppressive. Did I mention that we moved here from Hawaii 20 years ago?

We live on an ancient farm of 13 acres. Our house is almost 450 years old. We have 3 Shire horses, of which 2 are our breeding; 2 rare Baudet du Poitou donkeys; 8 pet sheep of various breeds; 5 hens, of which one is an Australorp (our cockerel is an Australorp as well...he was supposed to be a she); and 3 dogs: a Jack Russell terrier, a Grand Basset Griffon Vendéen, and a French Bulldog puppy.

I discovered BYC a few days ago and was quite impressed with the thread dealing with no-spill feeders. I have a sneaking feeling some of the drain pipes described in that thread are unattainable in this country. I might have to get my son, in San Francisco, to mail the necessary items.

I'm so looking forward to reading about other peoples' experiences and helpful advice.

@RutlandH2O

Welcome! This heat is nothing compared to my home state of Texas lol! I do the same thing when I can't find what I want, I have my mom send it over or bring it with her when she visits. We keep a running list of things she wants from here and things that we want here.

Hi, hensanity,

It's hotter here than Hawaii, right now. I gave my birds ice cubes with their afternoon meal. They pecked them and watched the ice disappear.

Texas in summer must be unbearable. When we lived in Hawaii, 90 degree heat and higher always made headlines.

Stay cool...

so I can hear tapping from my incubator.........

so exciting
celebrate.gif

so I can hear tapping from my incubator.........

so exciting :celebrate

It is exciting isn't it!! I'm sure you will be glued to the incubator now watching for any action. I find myself always looking at it when I hear the tapping and peeping. Try to keep busy, I'm afraid it's the waiting game now for you :pop

Good luck hope you have a great hatch :fl

Arghhhh still waiting...they are due fri though so plenty of time.

on another note, my bearded belgian d'uccle has started crowing. Im slightly gutted as she is a beauty but its off to the wildlife trust with him for animal food unless anyone wants him?

Arghhhh still waiting...they are due fri though so plenty of time.

on another note, my bearded belgian d'uccle has started crowing. Im slightly gutted as she is a beauty but its off to the wildlife trust with him for animal food unless anyone wants him?

Any action yet on your eggs?

Such ashame on your Belgian being a boy. I'm afraid I too am trying to get rid of boys and not take them in. Would be good if I had a wildlife trust round here. At least then they are being put to good use. The polish I have are not very meaty. Usually put mine out as fox bait.

I had my silkie cross hatch early on Thursday morning, then one maran yesterday morning, another this morning, two others have pipped. The fifth maran is still and silent. I suspect it has died. The one that hatched yesterday has the most amazing mascara run eyes very alice cooper!

I have advertised my cockerel online but no takers. This is the first year that i have hatched my own so first cockerel to go :-(
We did eat the two male ducks that we niavely purchased as females last year and the kids were fine once they smelled them roasting! My belgian isnt big enough to eat.

Back
Top Bottom