UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Just thought I'd share my baby pictures.
My Rhode Island Reds

My Plymouth Barred Rocks

My Black/Blue Copper Marans

My French Wheaten Marans

My Light Sussex

And my favourite picture

I'm loving it! How's everyone else's birds doing?

They're beautiful chicks :love Makes me want to get the incubator on again!! I just can't right now as I don't have the room :hit
I've got 40 out in the garden right now and just no room to add another coop and run.

My birds are all good thanks, have still got my last batch of chicks which are 4 weeks now. Sales have slowed right now but I'm hoping when I can sex them they will sell then. My little hen has also got four chicks, all blue and 2 are frizzle, this is her a week or so ago when I let them out for the first time ~

I'm trying to rehome my blue splash boy too, as much as I love him all his chicks are blue and people want a bit more variety. He would be great for anyone wanting to concentrate on the blue colouring ~

Thanks!! Just too many blue right now. When the little hen went broody I added a couple more eggs to the 3 she started sitting on and but I had not been marking eggs as to which group they came from. Was hoping I had added a couple from the silver lace pen but no they must have been from the blue pen. She bust one getting off the nest so that had to go just glad I found it so it didn't contaminate the other eggs.

Good luck with the hybrids. Are you going to do them so they are sexed link and you can sex them from hatch?

That is the goal for the most part. It will make selling that much easier. I got quite a surprise today when I went out to feed! My little 3 month old Crested Cream Legbar cockerel has started crowing! Then, I discovered a good size egg in with my Black Rocks! I can't believe they've started laying already! Now, were really scrambling to get their new shed ready by this weekend lol.

Hi guys.

am new to keeping chickens truth be told i aint started yet. got building work going on which wont be suitable.

however does anyone here know any hatcheries that will deliver day old chicks to your address or even a week old. i want them young so i can tame it so its friendly to everyone. BTW am from Birmingham.

Hi guys.

am new to keeping chickens truth be told i aint started yet. got building work going on which wont be suitable.

however does anyone here know any hatcheries that will deliver day old chicks to your address or even a week old. i want them young so i can tame it so its friendly to everyone. BTW am from Birmingham.
I'm in Bistol and theres a couple farms here that deliver. If you google chicks for sale in Birmingham something should pop up. Sometimes trade it has chicks for sale to.

Has anyone had any problems with hens attacking new hens? I put two new ones in on friday night and last night I had to remove on as she was bleeding alot from her comb and alot of her feathers are pecked out from her neck with some sores around that area as well. The other new hen I put in is the one starting all the fights. Any advice?

Has anyone had any problems with hens attacking new hens? I put two new ones in on friday night and last night I had to remove on as she was bleeding alot from her comb and alot of her feathers are pecked out from her neck with some sores around that area as well. The other new hen I put in is the one starting all the fights. Any advice?
Sounds like they are establishing a new pecking order. Adding new hens upsets the karma of the group. I've found gradually adding new birds the best way. I keep them next to the ones they are going in with but separated by wire. I use a coop and run next to the lager run I'm going to add to. This way the birds can see each other but can't get to each other and cause any harm. After a few weeks of this you can add the birds together but supervise them so if it does get bloody or pecking order scuffles get out of hand you can step in. Here is an article all about adding new flock members ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-new-chickens-using-the-see-but-don-t-touch-method Wishing you the very best of luck :fl

Yep I had a issue when I had my previous hens started with 3 added a speckled they set about her like it was WWE proper battered her so I had to take her out and gradually re introduced they were horrid the 5th one I introduced a bluebell as she was so big they didn't attack her as suck like the last one just bullied her for a while.
BTW everyone I'm really happy now as ive started again after the horrible Fox attack ive git me new chickens and 2 Indian runners whoop whoop ( see my other posts )

Hi all I hope everyone is well and all your birds happy?

GGBEAR, sorry to hear about your fox attack and I'm glad you have got started again. Fox attacks are horrific, I've suffered myself and know just how you have felt. Me and the other half went out foxing the other night and pleased to report he got one. Was round the partridge pen stirring them up in frenzy. The fix was frenzied too but not any more.

Hope you have things secure now and you can keep it away.

Back
Top Bottom