UK Member Please Say HI

Oh a massive fingers crossed! I really can't wait for the restrictions to lift and for the longer days to come in so the poor girls can frolic in the garden again! I feel like all I do is clean them out at the minute and to relieve my guilt I bring them in the house for half an hour a day to give them tomato and a run around- then the house ends up covered in poo which results in even more cleaning!
1f629.png
Bring on the bird-flu-less summer!
1f64c-1f3fc.png

Oh no
sad.png
Do you have restrictions now?
Yep
th.gif
I believe that the restrictions are the same I have read in your previous messages. However these are the restrictions here, maybe it can be usefull.

1 Hunters are forbidden from using decoys in order to lure birds belonging to the orders of Anseriformes and Charadriiformes

2 Breeders have to:
a) Avoid contact between domestic poultry (both from rural and industrial farms) and wild birds. Therefore move the free-range farms poultry in sheds. If you cannot keep your animals indoors (for reasons of animal welfare, lack of space etc), you have to make inaccessible the feeding and watering areas to wild birds.

b) Prevent the entry of strangers to the farm (both.. )
c) Prevent the entry of feed transport vehicles to the area close to the sheds (both.. )
d) Prevent the entry of the vehicles for the withdrawal of dead animals and manure to the area close to the sheds (both..)

Other special measures for industrial farms but it’s not interesting for us.

3 Report the finding of more dead wild birds (in particular waterfowl) in a single place to Veterinary Service ASL.

Okay guys, do you think a fenced henhouse with small-meshed net could be considered a safe place?
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Is that the same restrictions as us then?
My ducks are on meltdown my chickens just run off now as soon as I come up im evil they all look pretty rages as most of them are molting and ducks just look so dirty as mo pond at mo as I said I emptied it to stop wild birds

Yep :th I believe that the restrictions are the same I have read in your previous messages. However these are the restrictions here, maybe it can be usefull.

1 Hunters are forbidden from using decoys in order to lure birds belonging to the orders of Anseriformes and Charadriiformes

2 Breeders have to:
a) Avoid contact between domestic poultry (both from rural and industrial farms) and wild birds. Therefore move the free-range farms poultry in sheds. If you cannot keep your animals indoors (for reasons of animal welfare, lack of space etc), you have to make inaccessible the feeding and watering areas to wild birds.

b) Prevent the entry of strangers to the farm (both.. )
c) Prevent the entry of feed transport vehicles to the area close to the sheds (both.. )
d) Prevent the entry of the vehicles for the withdrawal of dead animals and manure to the area close to the sheds (both..)

Other special measures for industrial farms but it’s not interesting for us.

3 Report the finding of more dead wild birds (in particular waterfowl) in a single place to Veterinary Service ASL.

Okay guys, do you think a fenced henhouse with small-meshed net could be considered a safe place:barnie  

Sounds good to me and the small mesh should keep wild birds out.

:he

Back
Top Bottom