UK Member Please Say HI

Have anybody else's ducks lost a bit of weight? I'm sure my two girls have. Is it normal for this to happen in winter? Or is it due to the bird flu lockdown? We're going to get them some corn and more treats tomorrow. I really can't wait till they're allowed out again x

Have anybody else's ducks lost a bit of weight? I'm sure my two girls have. Is it normal for this to happen in winter? Or is it due to the bird flu lockdown? We're going to get them some corn and more treats tomorrow. I really can't wait till they're allowed out again x

I'm afraid I don't keep Ducks so not sure what they do in winter. @GGBEAR & @Rudies Roost keep them though so should be able to offer you more advice. What feed do you have them on?

I'm afraid I don't keep Ducks so not sure what they do in winter. @GGBEAR & @Rudies Roost keep them though so should be able to offer you more advice. What feed do you have them on?

Just layers pellets and then bits and bobs like tomato as treats. Just this past week they seem to be a little lighter and their chests aren't as plump... X

Just layers pellets and then bits and bobs like tomato as treats. Just this past week they seem to be a little lighter and their chests aren't as plump... X

Hiyah @RascalAndJemima Mine haven't tended to lose much weight seasonally but they may be eating less as they are less active due to the current lockdown situation. As long as they're on good quality layers pellets they'll be fine. A handful of corn and some brown bread as a treat may help too. Are they laying? I do find mine drop a touch of weight when they moult and have a rest from laying...mind you, mine are right little porkers so they need it! Sorry I can't be of more help but I wouldn't worry as long as they actually are eating.

Hiyah @RascalAndJemima Mine haven't tended to lose much weight seasonally but they may be eating less as they are less active due to the current lockdown situation. As long as they're on good quality layers pellets they'll be fine. A handful of corn and some brown bread as a treat may help too. Are they laying? I do find mine drop a touch of weight when they moult and have a rest from laying...mind you, mine are right little porkers so they need it! Sorry I can't be of more help but I wouldn't worry as long as they actually are eating.

Thanks! Yes they're both still eating and both are laying daily still which is why I'm not too worried! Jemima is moulting at the mo... Little, whispy bits of down everywhere!!! X

I know it's not everyone's cup of T but was just wondering if anyone has been to see Trainspotting 2?
Was it worth going to see?
Not yet sweetie but am tempted
smile.png

Well what a traumatic first day of term.

First of all my sister got rushed into hospital-she's poorly but it's not life threatening thank goodness.

Gave Jackie (Standard black silky), two Epsom salts baths and droppered her water etc as I thought she was egg bound. Not been eating and drinking and a bit lethargic- also not pooing. Ended up taking her to the vets and after an internal he thinks its a tumour! Have left her overnight as she is having an ultrasound tomorrow. Was not what I expected just hope he's wrong. Or if not-it's treatable.

In between all this I went to doctors and have to have blood tests for an internal issue and got antibiotics for chest infection that has floored me. Then I went to visit sister who slept through my visit bless.

I hope tomorrow is more positive regarding sister and Jackie. Wish me luck please guys xx

Please say a prayer for Jackie xx

Well what a traumatic first day of term.

First of all my sister got rushed into hospital-she's poorly but it's not life threatening thank goodness.

Gave Jackie (Standard black silky), two Epsom salts baths and droppered her water etc as I thought she was egg bound.  Not been eating and drinking and a bit lethargic- also not pooing. Ended up taking her to the vets and after an  internal he thinks its a tumour!  Have left her overnight  as she is having an ultrasound tomorrow.  Was not what I expected just hope he's wrong.  Or if not-it's treatable.

In between all this I went to doctors and have to have blood tests for an internal issue and got antibiotics for chest infection that has floored me. Then I went to visit sister who slept through my visit bless.

I hope tomorrow is more positive regarding sister and Jackie.  Wish me luck please guys xx

Please say a prayer for Jackie xx

On no- I hope tomorrow brings you good news
1f497.png

Back
Top Bottom