UK Member Please Say HI

Yes I'm going to put the trail cam out tonight and see what it shows up in the morning :pop

We also have neighbors who feed them and are very anti shooting anything at all.

We have several foxes that come prowling at night - thankfully not in the day as our orchard is a high traffick area (I live in a school).

The coop is secure and we've never had a problem as long as the girls are all locked up before dark.

Unfortunately someone opened the coop last year and we lost the entire flock in one go. I ran out with the dog (3am) but those left were so injured that they died over the next few days :-(

I sympathise with wanting to get rid of them, but from what I understand they are super territorial and even if you kill the whole family, this son surrounding boundaries just extend their territory to cover the gap
1f621.png

So glad to hear the good news about your sister and the silkie! And glad to hear that somebody is as mad as me and will go to extreme lengths for their birds
1f602.png

I watched my two this morning and when they got up they ate a fair bit of soggy sawdust rather than their food!? What's that about? Should I remove the sawdust is hey carry on? We've put it under their drinker whilst they're in the garage because it soaks all the water up that they throw about... Xx

We have several foxes that come prowling at night - thankfully not in the day as our orchard is a high traffick area (I live in a school).

The coop is secure and we've never had a problem as long as the girls are all locked up before dark.

Unfortunately someone opened the coop last year and we lost the entire flock in one go. I ran out with the dog (3am) but those left were so injured that they died over the next few days :-(

I sympathise with wanting to get rid of them, but from what I understand they are super territorial and even if you kill the whole family, this son surrounding boundaries just extend their territory to cover the gap
1f621.png

Oh no how sad that your coop got opened and you lost your flock :(
Yes get rid of one fox and a few others always come to the funeral. The other half and son try to keep them down round here but it's a never ending battle.

I bought 4, day old chicks almost 3 weeks ago, total noob, from Corby Northamptonshire, anyone nearby?

:frow
Cute chicks :love

So glad to hear the good news about your sister and the silkie! And glad to hear that somebody is as mad as me and will go to extreme lengths for their birds
1f602.png

I watched my two this morning and when they got up they ate a fair bit of soggy sawdust rather than their food!? What's that about? Should I remove the sawdust is hey carry on? We've put it under their drinker whilst they're in the garage because it soaks all the water up that they throw about... Xx

:/ I've seen my chickens eat bits of shavings and it's not done them any harm. Not sure on ducks and sawdust though.

@Yorkshire Coopjust keep shooting them I can't be doing with em breaking in to my garden
1f3e1.png
to try and kill my birds im not having that happen again i don't think i could go through that again and Aiyla would be mortified
2639.png

She sat watching babe other day coz of the runner duck
1f986.png
Ferdinand on it she just kept saying quack quack quack quack lol might go pick one of them up and bring it in to her.
Me male is starting to get a bit fresh now but my god he looks filthy again I might have to intervene and wash him again

@Yorkshire Coopjust keep shooting them I can't be doing with em breaking in to my garden
1f3e1.png
to try and kill my birds im not having that happen again i don't think i could go through that again and Aiyla would be mortified
2639.png

She sat watching babe other day coz of the runner duck
1f986.png
Ferdinand on it she just kept saying quack quack quack quack lol might go pick one of them up and bring it in to her.
Me male is starting to get a bit fresh now but my god he looks filthy again I might have to intervene and wash him again

They keep trying to keep them down but it's never ending.

Oh I love "Babe" always makes me cry though :hit Aiyla will want a duck costume next :gig

Everywhere is filthy right now :( Our decking is like green slime at the moment but there is no point washing it off until it dries up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom