UK Member Please Say HI

5 hatched so far :pop
One has died though after pipping. Didn't even start to zip and when I opened it up it hadn't finished absorbing so was more than likely a weak one anyway. Of the 4 eggs left I can see pips in 2 of them.
The 5 I have though are so cute and tiny!
View attachment 1042367

So exciting !
Well done.

I'm sure you will do just fine :)
Main points are a thermometer and hygrometer that read correctly, ventilation, turning and fresh eggs.

I read that humidity is all about controlling the air sack growth, and to make sure it doesn't get too big.
I've got 7 eggs on day 6 now, and some seem like they're developing.
:yesss:
It've not hatched anything before - 15 days to go !

So exciting !
Well done.

I read that humidity is all about controlling the air sack growth, and to make sure it doesn't get too big.
I've got 7 eggs on day 6 now, and some seem like they're developing.
:yesss:
It've not hatched anything before - 15 days to go !

Thanks and yes the humidity is not a set number but generally once you get to know your incubator and the environment it's in it gets easier. 35% works well for me until lockdown. But if the cells look to big or too small at candling I just adjust for a few days until they look back on track.

Congratulations on the developers you have :clap

They are ready for out this morning! Nothing else has hatched over night, still just 2 pips in the 4 remaining eggs.
Aren't they the cutest?! How many hatched in the end?
I've got pictures of our first swim! I can't seem to upload a video...
20170615_113031.jpg 20170615_114753.jpg

Aren't they the cutest?! How many hatched in the end?
I've got pictures of our first swim! I can't seem to upload a video...
View attachment 1043045 View attachment 1043046

6 have hatched in total so far. Number 6 has only hatched about 2 hours ago. There are three eggs left and only one has a pip so we shall see.
Love the pics of the first swim, they are beautiful :love
And is that your daughter who looks very attentive too? She looks like a great keeper in the making ;)
To add a vid you need to upload it to YouTube or similar then embed it in your post using the film roll icon in your editor. Here is a thread with pics on how to do it ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-do-i-upload-one-of-my-videos.1179447/

6 have hatched in total so far. Number 6 has only hatched about 2 hours ago. There are three eggs left and only one has a pip so we shall see.
Love the pics of the first swim, they are beautiful :love
And is that your daughter who looks very attentive too? She looks like a great keeper in the making ;)
To add a vid you need to upload it to YouTube or similar then embed it in your post using the film roll icon in your editor. Here is a thread with pics on how to do it ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-do-i-upload-one-of-my-videos.1179447/
Ooh fingers crossed for the rest!:fl
Yes the first swim was lots of fun tho I noticed the one that struggled to hatch did get tired before the rest. I shall keep an eye on him I think.
Yes that's my third daughter of four (so far lol) and they are all fascinated by every animal we have. They literally fight over cuddles with the chicks and the goslings! I think it's lovely.
I shall have a read of the article on posting videos thanks. I'm not very good at technology ;)

Ooh fingers crossed for the rest!:fl
Yes the first swim was lots of fun tho I noticed the one that struggled to hatch did get tired before the rest. I shall keep an eye on him I think.
Yes that's my third daughter of four (so far lol) and they are all fascinated by every animal we have. They literally fight over cuddles with the chicks and the goslings! I think it's lovely.
I shall have a read of the article on posting videos thanks. I'm not very good at technology ;)

It was the same with my last one to hatch, tired very easily compared to the others.
Wow you have 4 kids already and you want more? :th One was enough for me! Put me off forever :lol:

YouTube is really easy to set up, all you need is an email. I use the app and directly upload vids using the share icon on the vid. It's really quick and easy. Do you use iPhone or iPad?

It was the same with my last one to hatch, tired very easily compared to the others.
Wow you have 4 kids already and you want more? :th One was enough for me! Put me off forever :lol:

YouTube is really easy to set up, all you need is an email. I use the app and directly upload vids using the share icon on the vid. It's really quick and easy. Do you use iPhone or iPad?
Yeah I think hubby is hoping if I keep hatching I won't have more babies ha ha! It might work....not. :lau
Did the last Hatcher pick up or stay weaker than the others?
I've got a rubbishy android galaxy phone. I'll give it a go though! I've got to set up a YouTube account too then. As I said I'm in the dark ages over here!! :lol: Thanks for the advice tho :bow

It picked up ok but was still smaller than others. I've not spoke to our farmer friend since I dropped them back off at his but I'm sure he would have said something if it didn't make it. I need to try and make time to pop up there this week to see them.

Give me hatching anyday over having more kids! You have a serious mothering instinct! Just think he thinks his plan his working, will be a shock when you go broody!

Back
Top Bottom