UK Member Please Say HI

I've ordered a different feeder this ones magic trigger feeder
Ooh let us know how you get on with it.

Most of my birds are fine with the heat, in fact the Goslings love it. I am worried about my broody hen though. She is holed up sitting on eggs for about 16 days now but every time I check on her she is panting. I haven't checked the temp in there but I'm worried the eggs are too hot and won't hatch and I'm probably more worried she'll suffer in this heat.
I make sure she is eating lots of water based treats like grapes and strawberries and she has clean water available all the time.
Any other ideas what I can do to keep her cool enough? Any advice is very welcome!:)

I had great success last night And caught a rat in my trap after what I put regarding my post finding a rat in.my feeder thought I would give it a bash and put trap out literally with in 10 mins of my secret bait i seen some movement and my hens and ducks were staring out the coop at trap I ran out and it was there
shouted hubby for disposal:celebrate:celebrate

My new feeder arrived today so lets see what happens

Well normal service seems to have resumed they all seem to be able to operate new one .
Shame about other but I spose they wise up to everything in the end.

Gonna sell my treadle as its a good one galvanized steel 25kg
Any ideas where to advertise and how much for its 2 year old I payed £55

Ooh let us know how you get on with it.

Most of my birds are fine with the heat, in fact the Goslings love it. I am worried about my broody hen though. She is holed up sitting on eggs for about 16 days now but every time I check on her she is panting. I haven't checked the temp in there but I'm worried the eggs are too hot and won't hatch and I'm probably more worried she'll suffer in this heat.
I make sure she is eating lots of water based treats like grapes and strawberries and she has clean water available all the time.
Any other ideas what I can do to keep her cool enough? Any advice is very welcome!:)

Is she doing better now it's a tad cooler? I certainly am!

I had great success last night And caught a rat in my trap after what I put regarding my post finding a rat in.my feeder thought I would give it a bash and put trap out literally with in 10 mins of my secret bait i seen some movement and my hens and ducks were staring out the coop at trap I ran out and it was there
shouted hubby for disposal:celebrate:celebrate

My new feeder arrived today so lets see what happens

Good catch :woot

Well normal service seems to have resumed they all seem to be able to operate new one .
Shame about other but I spose they wise up to everything in the end.

Gonna sell my treadle as its a good one galvanized steel 25kg
Any ideas where to advertise and how much for its 2 year old I payed £55

They have taken to the new one quickly :) Mine hate change!

I would try preloved or freeads for advertising, or bookface if you do it?

@Yorkshire Coop
Yes she seems a little happier today tho its still 26° here today. I made a makeshift parasol for her in the end out of a golfing umbrella, a white bed sheet and pegs..the things we do for these ruddy chickens...!!!:lau

A bit cooler then for her :cool: That sounds like quite a contraption you have there and something like I would fashion up! I used to have an old fishing brolly before I got my covered runs :lol: Much cooler here today about 20c with quite a strong breeze and we had a shower of rain :clap not enough to mean anything and we could do with more for the grass really.

Yeah they have adapted well never heard of bookface lol how much do u think

Bookface = Facebook :lol: I can't stand FB so it gets called bookface! I'm not sure on the feeder, maybe half of what you paid? Either way folk will try to bid you down so start at more than what you want.

Anyone ever been ill from their flock? I've been so ill this week it's felt like food poisoning. My two other friends who have poultry have also had the same symptoms. I'm a tad worried :confused:

Mmmm.... can't say I've ever been ill from anything I've caught from my birds or at least that I know of. There are things you can get from chickens though ~ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/poultry-health

Mmmm.... can't say I've ever been ill from anything I've caught from my birds or at least that I know of. There are things you can get from chickens though ~ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/poultry-health
I think my birds are fine but I hatched some runner eggs off eBay and my friend had the ducklings and she got ill so I've been thinking maybe they have something. I've been reading up and there's something called campylobacter which is a type of food poisoning but you can catch it from poultry etc.

Back
Top Bottom