UK Member Please Say HI

Aw I'm desperate to find him a friend as well now! This would probably be a major expedition for you but I found an ad in Weston(!) posted yesterday I think, there's quite a few ads but couldn't see one near you... http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/117085179/chicks.html?link=/classifieds/horses-livestock/poultry-game/all/uk/day+old+female+chicks

Ah so glad it's a possible. I've nowhere near enough experience to comment on the age gap I'm afraid. I'd just think that maybe introducing Joffrey to one older chick might be very different to trying to integrate him with several? Perhaps with just the one, they might both decide they need a friend and become best buddies! Could be my wishful thinking though. Hope you find the right solution for him.

Sorted, `Joffrey`now has a few slkie mates now to keep him company. He is a bit jealous of them at the moment but things are settling down.
Next time i get chickens I will get either baby chicks or hatching eggs from reputable breeders, Ebay didnt work for me and I had stick off the seller for complaining. The hatching eggs Joffrey came from was meant to be a white Poland.
Thank you so much everyone for your help and advices.

Sorted, `Joffrey`now has a few slkie mates now to keep him company. He is a bit jealous of them at the moment but things are settling down.
Next time i get chickens I will get either baby chicks or hatching eggs from reputable breeders, Ebay didnt work for me and I had stick off the seller for complaining. The hatching eggs Joffrey came from was meant to be a white Poland.

That's great news! :clap So pleased to hear Joffrey has some friends. I'm sure he will settle and get used to them. He will appreciate it in the long run.

I'm afraid eBay eggs are not for me either :(

It's not just E-bay. There are a few unscrupulous sellers on various FB sites too.
I haven't used either. preferring folks here on BYC or reputable breeders. Glad the little fellow has some friends now...:)

Im very grateful for all your help and advices.
I am eager to show photos of them, but half of them are under the brooder so I shall endeavour to take pics tomorrow. Watch this space.
Thank you boskelli1571 regarding ebay etc, I guess some of us learn the hard way. Lets hope this would help anyone who are new to keeping chickens.

Back
Top Bottom