UK Member Please Say HI

From the research I've already done, a lot easier than looking after chickens apparently - they're not as prone to the illnesses and are very hardy.

Oh that's good then!

We did have ducks but sold them on about a month ago due to the mess they created in the woodland. They can turn a little puddle into a muddy bog within a day :lau We just stick to our chickens now.

A plus side to geese is their eggs though. I got one off a neighbor a while back and was huge.

I'm trying to rehome a couple of bantam Poland cockerels in Kent/Sussex. I've posted (with picture!) in the buy/sell/trade forum here. Sweet boys and I'd love to keep them, but my flock is currently cockerel-heavy.

No more hatching eggs for me!

How did it go with the re homing?

Leeds here and looking to keep Geese starting next summer.

I’m just down the M62 from you, nearer to Hull.
Not kept geese but I have hatched and fetched on some goslings for a farmer friend of ours. Super cute little things they are! Are you starting with adults or goslings?

How did it go with the re homing?

Ha! I've still got all my cockerels. I'm kind of attached and nobody's fighting yet. I watch them carefully.

I have a friend who wanted the big one, but she has a kind of hippie attitude to her chooks. You know, 'foxes are people too'. I like my boy a little too much to be that casual about 'circle of life' crap.

Foxes need to eat... but not my ladies! We are getting over ran by rats here. They are in my neighbors trees, under my mother in laws bird feeders, trying to get into my chicken run! Counted 8 out once DURING THE DAY. I’m not going to poison them and I’m trying to shoot them but can’t aim for toffee! Swapping the air pistol for the air rifle today and hopefully that improves things.

Saying bye to my chicks today :(. Swapping three of them for a Pekin and a sablepoot. I’m keeping one cockerel and I’m hoping he’s quiet.

Just a few photos of my Silkies I hatched on Friday!

I've decided that there is definitely 1 keeper as a growout, the rest will be sold on.

One is a quail!

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Just a few photos of my Silkies I hatched on Friday!

I've decided that there is definitely 1 keeper as a growout, the rest will be sold on.

One is a quail!

View attachment 1916988
View attachment 1916990
View attachment 1916991
View attachment 1916992
View attachment 1916993
View attachment 1916994
You have some of the most stunning birds I have seen! You're silkies are probably the best kempt poof balls I have ever seen and your parrots are something else! I have just gotten a single fife canary called piper. He lives in a cage in the livingroom at the moment but I'm hoping to let him out the cage soon.
DSC_0420.JPG
_20190929_174311.JPG

He's quite difficult to photograph as he's a quick little one! I did manage to film him singing though!

Very pretty @CCUK :)
We used to have a cockatiel called Peetree he was super fast when let out of his cage! I would love a parrot but can’t have house birds now we have crazy spaniels! But.... I’ve just been to our local pet shop for ferret food and they have a little Russian hamster called “Rambo” right next to the till.... hamster, cage & everything with him for £20. I really had to stop myself :oops: Think he would look great next to Malcolm but just need to work on the other half... even played the “my nest is empty now Charlie has moved out” card but it fell on deaf ears :lol:

We used to have a cockatiel called Peetree he was super fast when let out of his cage! I would love a parrot but can’t have house birds now we have crazy spaniels! But.... I’ve just been to our local pet shop for ferret food and they have a little Russian hamster called “Rambo” right next to the till.... hamster, cage & everything with him for £20. I really had to stop myself :oops: Think he would look great next to Malcolm but just need to work on the other half... even played the “my nest is empty now Charlie has moved out” card but it fell on deaf ears :lol:
He didn't say 'no' though did he! Just appear with it and dont say anything :oops:!

You have some of the most stunning birds I have seen! You're silkies are probably the best kempt poof balls I have ever seen and your parrots are something else! I have just gotten a single fife canary called piper. He lives in a cage in the livingroom at the moment but I'm hoping to let him out the cage soon.
View attachment 1921633 View attachment 1921634
He's quite difficult to photograph as he's a quick little one! I did manage to film him singing though!

Aw thankyou very much! :hugs
My birds mean the world to me!

Your Canary is beautiful too, and so is his singing :eek: I hope his first time out goes alright!

We have them at work but they are hardly ever heard over the noise of the Budgies and Zebra Finches :hit

That little hamster is waiting just for you! :clap

Back
Top Bottom