UK Member Please Say HI

I hope everyone's doing OK. Well my company finally decided to close. I am now a 'furloughed' worker. Our shutdown is initially for two weeks but most likely until the end of April. I came across this amongst my news feed. Unbelievable.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gger-egg-shortage.html?ico=amp_articleRelatedI also have a whole list of jobs to do around the house but I can't get anything I need as we're not allowed out.

That's sad - about your job and the chicken thefts.

At the risk of being complacent, I think my lot can outrun most folk (me, certainly) and are very adept at diving into congested cover, and we live off the beaten track, so they should be alright. The cocks can be a bit intimidating too - especially Obelix, my lanky Barbezieux cockerel who comes right up close and whose beak is now at about groin height!

what have you got in your flock?

I've got some Swedish Flowers, Lavender Araucana, Norfolk Grey, Silver Duckwing Welsumer, and Barbezieux. I'm trying to help keep rare utility breeds going rather than maximize egg production, though I do have regular customers for surplus eggs, which helps cover the costs of my favorite hobby :)

good morning ,do you mind if i join in i lost all my chickens last year but have decided to start again .i live in staffordshire and it would be useful to know where i can get meds etc didnt know much last time round .im going to spend the next month getting new coop and everything set up .my family think i,m mad .

Back
Top Bottom