UK Member Please Say HI

what have you got in your flock?

I've got some Swedish Flowers, Lavender Araucana, Norfolk Grey, Silver Duckwing Welsumer, and Barbezieux. I'm trying to help keep rare utility breeds going rather than maximize egg production, though I do have regular customers for surplus eggs, which helps cover the costs of my favorite hobby :)
That's a nice size flock you've got there and love the fact that you keep rare breeds. At the moment I've got Bassette Liegeoise bantams and Silver Duckwing old English game. But I'm looking to expand my flock with different breeds.

Last edited:
good morning ,do you mind if i join in i lost all my chickens last year but have decided to start again .i live in staffordshire and it would be useful to know where i can get meds etc didnt know much last time round .im going to spend the next month getting new coop and everything set up .my family think i,m mad .
Welcome. You're not mad it's a great hobby to have!! You've come to the right place BYC is full of useful information to get you started and the community on here is great if there's any questions that you need answering.

Just don't look out your front window, that's where the real crazy is happening!

It's funny how many people have taken up walking and cycling as a hobby!

The babies are growing up so fast. Can't wait to find out the genders so I can get names sorted.

IMG_20200402_095243.jpg

That's a nice size flock you've got there and love the fact that you keep rare breeds. At the moment I've got Bassette Liegeoise bantams and Silver Duckwing old English game. But I'm looking to expand my flock with different breeds.
I had to look up Bassette Liegeoise; that's a really rare breed; may I ask, how did you come by them? And what breeds are you thinking about adding?

I had to look up Bassette Liegeoise; that's a really rare breed; may I ask, how did you come by them? And what breeds are you thinking about adding?
They were given to me by a relative. I'm not to sure how he came about acquiring them but I can find out for you. Are you possibly thinking of getting some?
I'm not to sure what breeds to add yet. Any suggestions on some exotic bantams?

lucky you! It would be nice to know their survival tale. I don't know anything about bantams I'm afraid - I went in the other direction at last hatch (Barbezieux are the tallest European breed)! But I've noticed that somebody local sometimes advertises bantams for sale on preloved...

lucky you! It would be nice to know their survival tale. I don't know anything about bantams I'm afraid - I went in the other direction at last hatch (Barbezieux are the tallest European breed)! But I've noticed that somebody local sometimes advertises bantams for sale on preloved...
Great breed. How do you find them?
Yeah I've been keeping an eye out but I might buy from egg next and brood them. Possibly even have a go at breeding if I get a good strain.

Back
Top Bottom