Ultimate Chicken Coop

Gail Adams

Hatching
Jun 9, 2020
I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Chicken Coop. I live in the foothills of Southern California on a third of an acre. I have a space large enough for the Ultimate Coop and a run, between the back of my hardware-cloth surrounded raised beds and the back concrete wall. I have a wonderful catio, made of galvanized coated steel, and am thinking of putting that and ¼ inch hardware-cloth on the two ends and the top, for protection. Although the chickens will have the run of the backyard, I wonder about heat in the Ultimate Coop (remember that this is Southern California. There are plenty of trees for shade during the day. Here is my backyard view.

Attachments

• 1591727426562.jpeg
    1591727426562.jpeg
    860.2 KB · Views: 72
I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Chicken Coop. I live in the foothills of Southern California on a third of an acre. I have a space large enough for the Ultimate Coop and a run, between the back of my hardware-cloth surrounded raised beds and the back concrete wall. I have a wonderful catio, made of galvanized coated steel, and am thinking of putting that and ¼ inch hardware-cloth on the two ends and the top, for protection. Although the chickens will have the run of the backyard, I wonder about heat in the Ultimate Coop (remember that this is Southern California. There are plenty of trees for shade during the day. Here is my backyard view.

:eek: Wow that is pricey. How many chickens are you planning to get? For once I agree with manufacturer, that holds about 4. I don't agree that it's "well ventilated" because all I see are some small slits and plastic can retain heat.

For hotter climates, an open air build is what I'd recommend. This is an example of a pretty large one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/texas-coop-build-pic-heavy.1371038/ but you could certainly change the scale and layout to fit your location.

Back
Top Bottom