Ultra high temp spike

Quote:
would run it for a few days with no eggs. If you can't get it to stablize, return it.

Running it for a few days is a must. I didn't do it when I first started but it make a huge difference. I also start the eggs in the afternoon because the temp goes down a little at first and I don't wake up to high temps because the eggs are just warming up in the bator and it takes about 24 hours to regulate.

I ran it a couple days before I put the eggs in - and all was fine. After it spiked I ran it again twice, and it did not even take 4 hours for it to get stuck.

I called the company on Monday and shipped it back on Tuesday. I am now waiting for them to receive it, so I can get another one back.

I am so eager to try again....but have nothing go wrong this time.

I have a Hova Bator 1583 Picture window incubator and have had some spikes in temperature. I started the bator and ran it a week and it was stable so I put in 24 bantam eggs, came home from town and it was reading 130 degrees. I figured that the eggs were fried so I tossed that batch and brought up my cabinet model Ova Bator 380 and got it going and ordered more eggs.

I replaced the wafer in my 1583 Hova Bator and started it up again to use as a hatchery. It has been stable for a week and tonight it spiked to 131 degrees.
Does anybody know what I have to replace so I can trust this
incubator?

Any help sure would be appreicated.

Back
Top Bottom