Umbilical cord?

Deetz

In the Brooder
May 31, 2023
Hi! I just had my first batch of chicks hatch and one of the chicks hatched with what I’m assuming is the umbilical cord stuck to its leg? I read in other threads to leave it and it will deal with itself. It’s been about 15 hours since the lil’ one came out of its shell and is walking around and seems healthy. It’s bottom half of the egg is just following it around though 🤷🏼‍♀️ just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing by leaving it? Still in the incubator chillin’ out. Any thoughts would be appreciated :) Thanks! IMG_9181.jpeg IMG_9180.jpeg

Hi! I just had my first batch of chicks hatch and one of the chicks hatched with what I’m assuming is the umbilical cord stuck to its leg? I read in other threads to leave it and it will deal with itself. It’s been about 15 hours since the lil’ one came out of its shell and is walking around and seems healthy. It’s bottom half of the egg is just following it around though 🤷🏼‍♀️ just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing by leaving it? Still in the incubator chillin’ out. Any thoughts would be appreciated :) Thanks! View attachment 3524252View attachment 3524251
Hello! Can you put baby in small lined cup? Wait another day, see if it comes off. Is it still wrapped around baby's foot?

Hello! Can you put baby in small lined cup? Wait another day, see if it comes off. Is it still wrapped around baby's foot?
Hi, thanks for replying, yes it’s still attached. He’s the only one in the incubator, is it dangerous if he is moving around too much? I can put it in a small line cup for sure! I feel bad for the lil’ one!

Hi, thanks for replying, yes it’s still attached. He’s the only one in the incubator, is it dangerous if he is moving around too much? I can put it in a small line cup for sure! I feel bad for the lil’ one!
Hi! Trying to avoid her stepping on it. It may dry off in a day or so.

Back
Top Bottom