Umm... hatching with egg with see through window

My hen house

Songster
Aug 2, 2019
Ohio
So I want to try to hatch an egg with a a hole on the shell where the air pocket is I was thinking I would carefully breaking a nickel sized hole then tape is with boxing tape any ideas or is this not a good idea

So I want to try to hatch an egg with a a hole on the shell where the air pocket is I was thinking I would carefully breaking a nickel sized hole then tape is with boxing tape any ideas or is this not a good idea
I would suggest hatching eggs without holes if you have any. Better not waste time on an egg that probably won’t hatch.

an egg has been developed in a lab environment in a similar way. That said, unless you have a sterile environment with the proper equipment I would not attempt it. Somethings are better unseen.

I have thought about it a little more, and I strongly suggest not doing it.

I hear all your concerns I dont want to get hate for misunderstanding it was just an Idea I'm sorry for all the trouble you guys put in to strongly advise me not too

Just for the record I was never going to do it and put a possible chick at risk

Technically...yes, you can. You can hatch a chick without a shell entirely. I don't recommend it though. It's one of the science experiments that there are a lot of losses just to prove it can be done.

I suggest that as you're incubating chicks that if you happen to have quitters that you should do eggtopsies on them. This can be very educational as far as what the developing embryo looks like as it develops and it can also sometimes better explain why the egg quit in general.

Getting a nice high lumen flashlight to better candle your eggs can give you a sneak peek as well!

Back
Top Bottom