Umm.. how long do roosters crow for?

I liked the fact his crowing annoyed the neighbors, but they got a yappy dog in retaliation, and he yaps for 1 hour after they leave for work, and 2 hours in the afternoon when all the different schools get out. I'd like to give him away too!

Haha! Yappy dogs are the worst! I probably can't say much though, my heeler howls like he thinks he's a hound dog. Our neighbors down the road breed hounds and our guy gets all of them going till they're having howling wars. I'm sure they love us, haha

My rooster is non stop crowing. 4:30 am the sun isn't even close to coming up and he's crowing. 2:30 am the neighbors outdoor spot light turns on. He's gotta crow at that obviously. All throughout the day he's crowing. My roo is a non crop crow machine. I also live in the suburbs of NYC so they aren't really allowed but so far no complaining

You guys have more patience then me!!
I read roosters crow for many reasons
( someone asked them on cnn
1f60a.png
),

Hungry
Scared/danger
A warning to hens
Thirsty
I'd add:
Wind blows
Plane flys
Cow moos
Bird sings
It rains , snows, hails
Sun up
Sun down
Phone rings
Cat walks...........

The only time my rooster did not crow was when I was in the coop
1f914.png

He's enjoying his new home , Im sure!!!

Negan crows at pretty much anything. I was worried about him not crowing "late bloomer" but I'm over that. I don't think there is a time table to crowing, they just feel the urge and go.I don't mind it and there are so many other roosters in earshot of mine even if I did it wouldn't do me a bit of good.

Back
Top Bottom