Ummm... is this a normal glitch?

I had golf balls in there until about a week ago when hubby removed them. I guess I will put them back....I have been looking all over the coop and run to see if they laid eggs somewhere else but so far, no one else has. I could sure use a coop/run cam right about now so I can watch them from work!!! :D
I'm totally obsessed with my coop cam. It's really good for knowing who laid what and when, and how they are doing at night without bugging them!

She has been producing on quite a high level ever since she started and might just not have ingested enough oyster shells to form hard shelled eggs by now.
Just to be on the safe side, I would give her one tablet of calcium + vitamin d3 + vitamin K every evening for 5-7 days in a row. Those for human use will be ok, in case you cannot get some for chickens.

I'm totally obsessed with my coop cam. It's really good for knowing who laid what and when, and how they are doing at night without bugging them!
I miss my coop cams! My hubby is redesigning (for the third time) our coop/run networking (including power, lights, and cameras inside and out) to go in our new coop this year. He has ordered a third set of cameras and we are now waiting for the second camera to arrive and hopefully get that all put in next weekend so I can figure out who my mystery layers are (I have 4-5 laying and 8-9 "freeloaders" who haven't started laying yet).

I miss my coop cams! My hubby is redesigning (for the third time) our coop/run networking (including power, lights, and cameras inside and out) to go in our new coop this year. He has ordered a third set of cameras and we are now waiting for the second camera to arrive and hopefully get that all put in next weekend so I can figure out who my mystery layers are (I have 4-5 laying and 8-9 "freeloaders" who haven't started laying yet).
Freeloaders...hahahahaha!! I guess 8 out of nine of mine are freeloaders too! And the ninth lays shell-less eggs so far!!....hahaha

Deets on the camera???
I have Arlo cameras - got them on a REALLY good deal a couple Black Friday sales ago... they have great images. I took one from garage view to put in the coop when we got the chicks! Also they alert you to motion and you can set "activity zones" where you want notifications. It saves videos for 30 days... you can download any you want to keep. Here's how well the night vision works:
Screenshot_20211003-195118_Gallery.jpg
And some other funny things I've caught on it... like one of my EE's first egg lay! (Quality looks less here because I turned it into a GIF and zoomed it haha)
20210915_113704.gif
And my favorite place to stalk all day... nest boxes!
Screenshot_20211005-094443_Arlo.jpg

Last edited:
Dang freeloaders! I have a bunch of those right now... (read: 20.) They are mostly still youngins though.

I have Arlo cameras - got them on a REALLY good deal a couple Black Friday sales ago... they have great images. I took one from garage view to put in the coop when we got the chicks! Also they alert you to motion and you can set "activity zones" where you want notifications. It saves videos for 30 days... you can download any you want to keep. Here's how well the night vision works:
View attachment 2856160
And some other funny things I've caught on it... like one of my EE's first egg lay! (Quality looks less here because I turned it into a GIF and zoomed it haha)
View attachment 2856161
My first coop had a wired camera (cheap from Harbor Freight), but the wirig wasn't long enough to run out to the new coop. Hubby is an IT guy and so the whole camera setup is his interest, lol. We have security cameras in our kid's rooms (have since they were babies, way better than any available baby monitor) and so he has been looking for cameras that can be integrated into our current system (kid cameras are generally hidden in the background, but as we have a child that has destructive behaviors when left alone, she has to be monitored for safety). He finally just ordered another pair of what we use inside the house...after spending all summer buying fiber optic cabling for the second set of "fancy" cameras he bought to go out there. We did use the first set of cameras on the brooder though, that was great since they were in our garage!

Back
Top Bottom