Unabsorbed yolk sac! HELP PLEASE

Jaysquails

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2016
I HAVE A CHICK WHO WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF 6 to hatch. He himself didn't make it out with out my help 26 hours later he never had a poop once. So I cleaned his bottom because he had what I thought was pasty butt. Then a yellow sac came out of him and it still had red veins in I don't know what to do I put him back under the heat lamp with a damp cloth next to him someone please help

I HAVE A CHICK WHO WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF 6 to hatch. He himself didn't make it out with out my help 26 hours later he never had a poop once. So I cleaned his bottom because he had what I thought was pasty butt. Then a yellow sac came out of him and it still had red veins in I don't know what to do I put him back under the heat lamp with a damp cloth next to him someone please help

Do you have a picture of it?

IMG_0684.JPG
I have a chick that just hatched a couple of hours ago. I did not need to help it. It has a red swollen bottom. How do I know if it is the umbilical cord or what and what do I do. I am so new to this. This is my second time to hatch. I will try to upload a pic. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom