Unanswered Posts

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Hi!
    Is there a way that unanswered questions can stay 'at the top of the list' til they are responded to?
    I've seen forums that, unless a post was responded to, it sat at the top of the list.
    Would that be difficult?
    Just a thought [​IMG]
    Thanks, Lisa

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    There are so many in the BUY SELL forum - unless you excluded those, that would be all that folks would see.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, I click on the "unanswered posts" and usually try to answer some if they have been there a while. Most of the stuff in there are buy sell trade posts so I wonder if that would just fill up the front screen.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It's an interesting idea and I encourage everyone to view the link to "Show unanswered posts" on the home page and see if there are things that "need" to be answered:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/search.php?action=show_unanswered

Keep in mind that this is 60 x 30 topics, or 1800 topics that would flood the first couple pages of each forum.

I think we all want everyone to have answers to their questions, but I think we also all know that some questions get asked without a search or a thought by the poster and some... how shall I say... deserve no reply! [​IMG]

5. [​IMG] BST&G would obviously need to be excluded.
    I don't think the unanswered posts stayed at the top indefinitely, just maybe 24 hrs or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by