1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unanswered posts.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by dacjohns, Jun 1, 2008.

1. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

105 pages of unanswered posts. Some over a year old. So many disappointed people.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Lots are in the BST section, but there are a good handful that are not. I try to go though them every once in a while, but everyone can help out by clicking and answering if possible.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    LOL. Silkiechicken made sure this one didn't go unanswered! [​IMG]

I try to hit the posts that haven't been responded too, but sometimes I just don't have answers or suggestions...

-Kim

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I usually just hit recent posts but promise to hit unanswered posts as well.

5. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I almost wasn't expecting any replies. Some of those posts go back to March 2007. Probably dead subjects by now.

Maybe they should be deleted or archived or something. Glad I don't have to make that decision.

I usually just work my way down through the recent posts also. I read quite a few and don't usually respond just to respond. I find that what I want to say has already been said by someone else. Maybe I should also look more closely at the unanswered and give a response.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

A lot of the unanswered from last year were probably due to the fact that this board only went up over a year ago and membership wasn't nearly as high back then as it is now. So previously, the unanswered posts may have just been due to people not having the answers. Often now, a single post with either hard to answer question or a question that has been asked 100 billion times may just get passed up and scroll to the bottom without an answer. However, if a post is more than a week old, the OP may not be even looking for it anymore and may have asked again.

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I see the recent posts link, but not unanswered. Where would one find that?

8. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    At the bottom of the index page.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is why I asked about making a comment on your own post so it didn't get lost in the shuffle before someone who knew an answer saw it. But if you do that,,, you're bumping,, and if you repost,, you're spamming! What should we do?

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:TY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by