Unbalanced Turkey

Schniide

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
A couple of days ago I noticed one of my turkeys was not with the others eating, as they usually do. I went and saw him standing in the coop with ruffled tail feathers. He had been leaning against the wall. When I got him to move forward, he started to slowly start stepping back right away. He had an appetite and would run drunkenly to the feeder and eventually sit down to eat. He spent the night standing in the corner agains the wall. Next day, same thing. I had put some vitamins in the water and made him drink some. Yesterday (day three), I quarantined him into another coop with some water and food. This morning I found him sitting with his legs apart, food gone and water down quite a bit. It seemed like he was trying to make a sound, but nothing came out. He is also shaking a little bit; it doesn't look good.

I could not find ANYTHING online that would help. Milkweed poisoning described most of the symptoms, but we do not have anything on our property and he wasn't seizing at all. I do not think he is going to make it much longer. Does anybody have any advice/insight? I do not want anything to happen to the other turkeys and chickens. Poor guy :(

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

now I haven't had my turkeys for long but it being a bird in general I might be able to give you soem help maybe You can try checking his vitals and check in his beak or throat incase he swallowed something he wasn't supposed to and you could also check your property for anything that is harmful to them I hope this helps I am not an expert but I hope he makes it

Back
Top Bottom