Unbelievable mess.....FURIOUS with myself. :(

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I will start with, I am an insomniac. I have not actually slept decent since I was a small child. So I do stuff at night. House work, baking, posting on here...you know. So anyway, last night I decided to make some caramel, as I learned on the sweetened condensed milk thread. That stuff is amazingly good, BTW. I started the cans (2 of them) boiling and started doing other stuff. Since it has to boil a few hours I just checked it every now and then. Then I decided to kick back and read some stuff on here, etc. Next thing I know, I hear a horrible noise and wake to smoke everywhere. The pan boiled dry, the cans exploded and they were burning!!!! Got the smoke alarm to stop screaming, opened all the doors and windows except the kids rooms. Thankfully, since I had been still awake and with all the lights on their doors were shut and their rooms didn't fill with smoke. The entire kitchen is covered with this sticky black and tan goo. We have vaulted ceilings and it goes all the way to the highest point. I cleaned the floor and some of the cabinet doors. Gonna work on more later....I have a headache and think I want to sleep for a few minutes first. Just wanted to share and here are couple of pics....sorry, crappy cell phone pics...it was all I was up for.
sad.png

031420093615[1].jpg

031420093617[1].jpg

031420093620[1].jpg

Goodness what a mess! Good thing nothing caught fire....
It is kind of neat to see your kitchen though... lots of chicken nick-knacks...lol me too...chicken cream and sugar, chicken top-o-the fridge ornament, chicken welcome sign...lol
Good luck in your clean-up:)

Oh Dear!!!!

I did something daft the other night too, I burnt spaghetti, and that didn;t even explode to warn me. lol.....

I only realised when the dog pushed the door open and the smell and the smoke wafted through. I only have a black saucepan.

but Condensed Milk is a nightmare, poor you.

So Sticky and gunky, I do not envy you,

Hope it cleans up ok, and that you get some rest. See how distracting BYC is? lol....

Jena.

Momma said ther'd be days like this, ther'd be days like this my momma said.

Always look on the bright side. You get to paint the kitchen! Thinking of a color change?
Perhaps caramel?

Hang in there. Sorry for your misfortune.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh that so hurts. yep reading the forum is quite dangerous.

Handing over a long handle mop, wash rag and a bucket.

ML

LOL...yes, a kitchen full of roosters and chickens.
smile.png
They USED to look pretty cute....not so sure of that anymore.

And I agree.....I have no clue where to start either!!! Well, except the floor! Figured I better do that first so I would stop sticking when I walked.
smile.png

OH MY, Mahonri, when I emailed my husband practically in tears he said "Oh well, we were going to paint all the walls before we put the house up for sale anyway" LOL I accused him of trying to use "silver lining therapy" on me!!!
smile.png

Yeah, I feel very lucky it didn't burn the house. I seldom make such stupid mistakes and usually know if I am going to doze...but this was kinda sudden.

Amazingly enough, t seems to clean up fairly easy....it dissolves quickly in water. So, even though there is a LOT of it and it covers my entire kitchen (alright, MOST of my kitchen) it may not be as bad as I thought it would be.

*sigh*

Yikes! You poor thing. What a way to start a day. I would probably be balled up in a corner crying right now. Hope you get it all cleaned up ok - your kitchen looks beautiful, btw. Even with the speckles!

Penny

Holy Cow!!!! This is something that would happen to me...I don't sleep well either..especially on a full moon...(Dad, calls it the Big Eye). But I can identify with the night owl antics of insomnia....bless your heart!!!

Back
Top Bottom