UNBELIEVABLE! Our mice are almost gone.

McMarty

Chirping
Jun 5, 2022
Tennessee

Hey everyone!
We have over 300 chickens and last year we suddenly had an explosion of mice.
My wife is not crazy about cats, so we tried EVERYTHING to get away with them and seriously, nothing really helped!
We had even called terminex to get rid of them. At the end we just went for just 4 cats. And I don't care what people say: THEY ARE FANTASTIC!! we have been almost mice free this summer. They bring back rats, snakes and have even got a hold on a raccoon!!!!
most simple solution you can get...

My cats kill all kinds of things!! Rabbits, birds flying through the yard, squirrels ..etc... they are nifty to have around as far as mice since we are surrounded by nothing but fields.... But when you have a half eaten rabbit on your doorstep...I can also see the distaste for cats 🤣🤣🤣

My cats kill all kinds of things!!
Rabbits, birds flying through the yard, squirrels ..etc... they are nifty to have around as far as mice since we are surrounded by nothing but fields....

But when you have a half eaten rabbit on your doorstep...I can also see the distaste for cats 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, true that. But I prefer to pick something up what doesn't move than chasing anything way faster than I am...😜😂😂😂

Our new place had been unlived in for a while and the mice had taken over. We brought our one remaining cat with us, but she's 14 and seems to just find mice beneath her attention. In February I spoke to a cat in the road and she refused to leave. After two days of her beating on our windows and crying on the porch, we invited her in. She killed the mice in return. Then promptly delivered 4 male kittens 4 weeks later. We had her fixed and we kept all the kittens, they'll be fixed also when the time is right. They are excellent mousers. We call them the Four Horsemen of the Catpocalypse.

Hey everyone!
We have over 300 chickens and last year we suddenly had an explosion of mice.
My wife is not crazy about cats, so we tried EVERYTHING to get away with them and seriously, nothing really helped!
We had even called terminex to get rid of them. At the end we just went for just 4 cats. And I don't care what people say: THEY ARE FANTASTIC!! we have been almost mice free this summer. They bring back rats, snakes and have even got a hold on a raccoon!!!!
most simple solution you can get...
Congrats! It’s nice to read a happy ending on this board every now and then.

Yessss! Cats do an awsome job at pest control! Love hearing stories about good mousers. My 6 pound barn cat is a hunting machine! She has the most kills at our place (dont tell the dog, he thinks hes in the lead). She just dug out and killed a mole last week, we have virtually no pests around. We love & appreciate our cats. They def earn their keep!

WORD!! When ever people do threads like "gotta get rid of mice and rats but don't wan't cats," I say to myself, good luck with that!! You don't have to have a cat IN your house and you don't even have to like cat's to adopt a Feral cat who really just needs a place to call home. So why not? If you have room for chickens, you have room for a Feral cat or 2 or 3 in my case. Our house was abandoned for 2years before we bought it and there enough rodents to eat my truck wires TWICE and my hot tub! Not now, they're are all the way gone. New Jeep and Hot Tub, all good!

My cat used to catch chipmunks and bring them in the house alive and sit back and watch the dogs go ballistic trying to catch it. Picture a full grown labs chasing one under a low end table. I swear that cat got much enjoyment watching them and me trying to catch the thing before the place was wrecked. I'd give the cat a dirty look and it seemed like she was looking back at me with a look of "what?".

My cat used to catch chipmunks and bring them in the house alive and sit back and watch the dogs go ballistic trying to catch it. Picture a full grown labs chasing one under a low end table. I swear that cat got much enjoyment watching them and me trying to catch the thing before the place was wrecked. I'd give the cat a dirty look and it seemed like she was looking back at me with a look of "what?".
My cat does this with mice! The Golden retriever is not so bad when she chases them...The 180lb Saint Bernard is a different story!

Back
Top Bottom