uncertain about gender

dee06

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Suffolk UK
My little black chick (Gladys) who I was certain was a girl until this morning has now got definite wattle although very small and seems to be going red around the eyes but comb is still very small and yellow, does anyone think that I may have to change her name she is nearly 7 weeks old not 100% certain on breed but think she maybe a OEGB cross

My little black chick (Gladys) who I was certain was a girl until this morning has now got definite wattle although very small and seems to be going red around the eyes but comb is still very small and yellow, does anyone think that I may have to change her name she is nearly 7 weeks old not 100% certain on breed but think she maybe a OEGB cross

You will need to post a picture of her (full body profile showing legs and tail) so we can see her to ID her (or him whichever the case may be).

So I thought I was confused about Gladys but my Cochin x Buff Orp chicks, also nearly 7 weeks are even more confusing, one day they look a bit red and next they look pale again, why does it have to be so difficult............here they are

Gladys looks like a pullet to me, IMO.

My opinions on the others:
blue/buff - male
pheasant patterned - female
blue - male ?
Thanks for giving me your opinion, my gut feelings are more or less the same except the blue who has roundest body and smallest comb of the lot and I know you can't go on that. I am going to be absolutley gutted if most or all of the 4 cochin x chicks have to go, not sure if I will be able to hatch anymore eggs as I couldn't go through this again but would like some pekin pullets if the biggies turn out to be male

Back
Top Bottom