Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
ok guys, this is my chicken plus quilt top and my drunkard path.. Whatcha think
hide.gif

Oh minichicks!!! It Looks Wonderful!!!! I love the other blocks you inserted. The Drunkards path looks great! Good job!
And Happy Anniversary!! Ours was 41 years this past February!

Last edited:
I start coughing my lungs out, deep seal bark type coughs, then come the wheezing and tight chest, then the flowing of the mucus. All starting moments after exposure, and increasing in intensity until I leave which is quickly. Depending on how long I stay will depend on how long it takes to recover, sometimes a couple of days.

I started on mine since it is so complicated w/ so many pieces I thought I should get a head start, just the one finished so far, but I have started a little on the second one. I'm hoping to try and get one a week or week and a half done.

Oh how terrible! You poor thing! That is a powerful allergy!
Well I haven't been able to get my fabric yet. We went camping this past week, spur of the moment thing, so I didn't take the time. My DDL that has CF is in the hospital, pretty serious this time, so we will be helping with the grandchildren and working this week. A possibility this weekend, but not sure yet. I'm chomping at the bit!!
big_smile.png

I have been busy running back and forth to bring DD to NICU, neonatal intensive care unit, to see the 2 babies that are still there so she can feed them and hold them. She had spontaneous triplets. I was so touch by the NICU and the many babies that are there, often for months, that now when I am home I am making baby quilts to be donated.

I have not started on the Civil War blocks yet but every time I see some fabrics I like I am adding them to a small stack to make the blocks. I don't like waiting till the last moment so hopefully I get going soon as I know the closer I come to December I will have no time. This should be a fun swap with some beautiful blocks. I really like what everyone has posted so far.

I have been on an art journaling course all day, lovely! There is a quilt show in the same town so am staying overnight. Mary has just driven up to and is in the same B&B. We are going to a French restaurant tonight so hope it's good.
Have checked my stash and have enough darks but need to buy 2 or 3 lights so hope I get lucky tomorrow at the show.

I have been on an art journaling course all day, lovely! There is a quilt show in the same town so am staying overnight. Mary has just driven up to and is in the same B&B. We are going to a French restaurant tonight so hope it's good.
Have checked my stash and have enough darks but need to buy 2 or 3 lights so hope I get lucky tomorrow at the show.
Great! some fun and relaxation at last for you both, have a stress free happy day.
We are having a family reunion on my mother's side this weekend, also my Mom's 90th in 2 weeks so we are planning a big to do.
I know she will be happy with all her family there too.
Now back to cooking and planning quilts in my head.

What is an art journaling course? Sounds interesting! How fun this sounds!!! I love B&B's! You two have fun and I would love to go to a quilt show, so show us some pics!

Last edited:
I bought my fabric today!!!
clap.gif
I hope I like it when I get it together. I have questions for you seasoned quilters. The book gives instruction for 12" finished squares. Does that mean it is including the 1/2" seam allowance? It is the finished size, is that what I'm understanding? Do I need to make them maybe a 1/4" larger, just so I have some wiggle room when I go to square them. I have the fabric in the dryer and I am itching to start cutting it out!
yippiechickie.gif

I bought my fabric today!!!
clap.gif
I hope I like it when I get it together. I have questions for you seasoned quilters. The book gives instruction for 12" finished squares. Does that mean it is including the 1/2" seam allowance? It is the finished size, is that what I'm understanding? Do I need to make them maybe a 1/4" larger, just so I have some wiggle room when I go to square them. I have the fabric in the dryer and I am itching to start cutting it out!
yippiechickie.gif
If it says finished it should include the 1/4 inch seam allowance. I always try one just to see if it needs adjustment, because they do make mistakes in the books and magazines.
I hope this helps you.

If it says finished it should include the 1/4 inch seam allowance. I always try one just to see if it needs adjustment, because they do make mistakes in the books and magazines.
I hope this helps you.

Same here, I always do a test square first on a new pattern to check for size. But the term "finished size" always means they intend the block to be the finished size plus seam allowance.

Back
Top Bottom