Underground RR Quilt Block

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    I'm glad you liked it Kassundra. I know what you mean, sometimes i will just skim through the train ride to get to a block that I like and want to use.

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Stayed up a little to late, but I have 1/2 of the blocks finished 1/2. [​IMG]

3. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    I can't believe how many of you are well under way with your blocks. I actually went back to the first post to double check the due date of these blocks. Normally I get started right a ways but this time I am side tracked by making donation baby quilts for NICU. I am having way too much fun. I am glad you are all working on your blocks and posting. It will spur me on to dig up the pattern and get going too.

4. I haven't started yet. I finally finished my ornaments for the exchange, will get them mailed off today. Now I can start on my blocks for this swap.

5. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I started mine early b/c of the complicated block I chose, I was worried about not being able to finish them.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Brought my sewing machine to work w/ me today and have had a little time to work on the blocks. I got one of the small green leaved background block finished, so that makes 2 completely finished!!!! wooo hooo.

I did the different colored background so I could post a pic of it, but won't be able to until tomorrow when I get home from work.

7. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I finished a second one today. This one I was able to finish w/o interruption so I was able to ball park how long each one takes. Working at a comfortable rate each square takes roughly 3-3.5 hours. (depending on how many have to be seam ripped) So now I have 3 complete two different leafy green and the one bare tree blue.

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    So far I still think I have enough of the "wheel" fabrics to do all the blocks in that same fabric, the background fabrics are going to be changing. I am keeping them "woodsy / foresty" in feel though. The 6 that are started or finished each have 2 of these backgrounds, either the blue bare tree one I first posted or one of these next two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The current background I am working w/ is brownish burgundy and orange woodsy / berry / twiggy, sounds odd but it is very pretty fabric. I have enough of it for 2 blocks, then it will be back to the stash to figure out more backgrounds.

9. Kassaundra they are beautiful! You've done an excellent job!

10. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    Glad I am not the only one Lacy Blues. I plan to start cutting but every time I change the fabrics. I hope they do not all have to be exactly the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by