Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
I got my first block done today, I think that the green geese are supposed to point up(north) as a sign to go north in the spring. This is my first go at flying geese block I hope that they look okay.

I loaded it in the album with the green ones pointing up but it seems to have it's own mind today
idunno.gif
Very nice, this is truly going to be another wonderful quilt, I still need to upload the pics of the 2 I have finished, and in my newly acquired stash I have purple to finish another quilt that I was going to have to buy fabric for, I really have counted my blessings

Thank you all for your encouragement.
About the color placement, I had made a little story about the red representing their enslavement in Africa and then in the south, the blue representing hope in the north and green as the time of year to go.
I will keep that one for myself and make the others as Lacy Blues suggested.

Hey, if you want them that way, make them that way. I didn't know/realize you had a reason for it. I like the reason. So, make them how you want them. The representation is great!

My blocks will have a little bit of a representation in them too but I'm not going to tell what it is. I'll leave it up to you guys and see if you can find it.

Just finished my 4th "set"!!! Sounds more impressive then it really is, each set is 32 small rectangles that still need to be sewn into a block.
th.gif

I agree I love the symbolism people are putting into the blocks. I hope everyone that does explains the symbolism.

The symbolisms in mine are: the wheel fabric is reminiscent of wood grain for the "Master Carpenter's" working w/ wood. The light colored fabric is butterflies to symbolize freedom and change. The background fabric is woodland / forest to symbolize their trek through the forests to freedom.

he.gif
fellow BYC quilters I think I'v lost my mind.
I cleaned up after I finished my mother's quilt last month, and I put my 12 1/2" square up ruler somewhere and I cannot find it.
Sob, sob, I have torn my quilting room totally apart to the point I can't face going in there right
hide.gif
now and I still can't find it......
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom