Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
Genetically Rudy is a naked neck, but he carries a double recessive sc gene making him scaleless. Any breed of chicken w/ the right genetics can be scaleless, it's like albino (not a breed but a genetic difference)
I was also wondering what breed he was. So he is not just naked neck chicken but all the way naked chicken? Poor thing. Is that why you are making clothes for him? I must have missed the original post on this one. Well he'll get used to his pants.

Last edited:
Waiting for address and my blocks will go out. I can not believe how soon it will be December. The good part is all these URR blocks will come home soon.

That is too funny I showed it to my friends and we all had a good laugh.

@fenrosie you must really feel better getting rid of that big stone. Keep a watch so you will continue to get better

I was also wondering what breed he was. So he is not just naked neck chicken but all the way naked chicken? Poor thing. Is that why you are making clothes for him? I must have missed the original post on this one. Well he'll get used to his pants.
Yes he is completely naked so needs clothing to be outside in the winter. He has been a happy nudist all summer (he is a spring chick). He does not have any feather follicles or scales (on his legs) it is a genetic mutation that has been around since the 1950's. (at least that is when it first showed up in a domestic kept flock)

Yes he is completely naked so needs clothing to be outside in the winter. He has been a happy nudist all summer (he is a spring chick). He does not have any feather follicles or scales (on his legs) it is a genetic mutation that has been around since the 1950's. (at least that is when it first showed up in a domestic kept flock)
With a serious face I showed DD 17 the video clip and told her she needs to knit him a sweater. (She crochets and knits hats for preemie babies) She asked why he was naked and commented that you had put him in with the bunnies. At the end of the video clip as we were both in stitches watching him hobbling around in his snowsuit, she commented that he was an indoor chicken. She might be onto something. A chicken diaper might be easier then a snow outfit outside.
lol.png
gig.gif

With a serious face I showed DD 17 the video clip and told her she needs to knit him a sweater. (She crochets and knits hats for preemie babies) She asked why he was naked and commented that you had put him in with the bunnies. At the end of the video clip as we were both in stitches watching him hobbling around in his snowsuit, she commented that he was an indoor chicken. She might be onto something. A chicken diaper might be easier then a snow outfit outside.
lol.png
gig.gif

Well house chicken isn't even an option w/ 3 dogs and a cat (2 dogs would definitely kill him), and the fact that he HATES being inside. We have a very large dog kennel in the garage where we have been putting him over nights when it was cold until his jacket was finished, and he really, truly hates it to the point his comb darkens.

He had to go live w/ the bunnies b/c my rooster just figured out he was a boy and tried to kill him, literally.

Well house chicken isn't even an option w/ 3 dogs and a cat (2 dogs would definitely kill him), and the fact that he HATES being inside. We have a very large dog kennel in the garage where we have been putting him over nights when it was cold until his jacket was finished, and he really, truly hates it to the point his comb darkens.

He had to go live w/ the bunnies b/c my rooster just figured out he was a boy and tried to kill him, literally.
Oh no not with all those dogs. Poor Rudy! He has a lot of struggles. I hope he gets used to his coat real soon. He obviously has a strong personality. Well bless you for making him some clothes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom