Underground RR Quilt Block

Pics
I had a bunch of drunks show up on my door step today and since they were so handsome and cheery I decided to let them sober up with the rest of the squares ha ha

I had a bunch of drunks show up on my door step today and since they were so handsome and cheery I decided to let them sober up with the rest of the squares ha ha

Hahaha funny! You can always throw them onto a boat and send them along to me.

Last edited:
I hope it is ok to post this. I am not sure if a pattern or block is chosen for the next swap yet but I wanted to bring this block pattern forward. It is on the front cover of this book. There are many ways you can arrange the blocks and it is easy to use up fabrics you have at hand. the pattern looks stunning to me but I do favor scrappy quilts.

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Strategies-Block-swap-Quilts-Patchwork/dp/1564778584

Anyone else also own this book or made quilts from it?

I'd use this pattern-

http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FourPatchChainBlock.html

except make the 4 identical fabric patches into one 6 1/2 in. square block and also add one row of two more different fabrics 6 1/2 inch blocks. To make it easier we could leave the extra 2\two 6 1/2 in. blocks detached so it is easier to make an equal number of left and right blocks.

If there is interest I could make a proto type of the blocks and post pictures.

Last edited:
Okay - I apologize for being way behind here. I had it in my head that the due date was the middle of December (not sure why). I will get them done and out this week. Sorry all for the delay.

I like that block. BUT you just need to turn it 90 degrees to make it go the other way!
Indeed that is why I think it is better not to attach the two aditional 6 1/2 inch blocks when swapping or just add your own throughout. Or am I missing it? LOL

Okay - I apologize for being way behind here. I had it in my head that the due date was the middle of December (not sure why). I will get them done and out this week. Sorry all for the delay.

Oh I did too, mine haven't been sent yet b/c I was thinking the middle of the month. Mine will be out by Friday. Before if I can get to the post office before.

To all of you that are still sewing......don't worry! I too thought it was mid December it was only because I was having my operation I got mine done, thinking I was way ahead only to find I wasnt!
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom