Underheated eggs

AMoritz

Songster
Jul 12, 2018
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Hey!
So I've had a batch of about 35 guinea eggs in my still air incubator for 12 days. I checked the heat guage tonight and it's down to 80, the dial is also lowered. Which means my 2 year old was messing with the incubator at some unknown time today :hit
My question is: how long can they last like that and still be ok? I have the temp back up where it's supposed to be but I'm afraid I lost the WHOLE BATCH :eek::barnie

:hmm Don't Give up on them yet there is still a chance but usually a mother hen will not get off of her eggs for more than half an hour at a time. I am not familiar with guinea hatching but do they also take 21 days?

I'm happy to report after candeling tonight that I still have VERY active and happy babies growing! :D:D
Only 2 are duds, but they quit sometime last week according to the development stage they're currently at :celebrate
I'm so happy!!!!
As long as the internal egg temp didn't get too low for that period of time you should be ok....it might take a little more time for them to pip, a half to a full day but most should hatch if they were viable before the dip in temperature.

Back
Top Bottom