Understanding Chicken Math

Pics
I think that's why after 10 years of me whining hubs finally gave in. Now I have 25 and am working VERY hard not to have 35....
I just plant the seed and shut my mouth. Then, later when he comes to me and says, "You know, I've been thinking.........<insert your original idea here>...."! Then I just smile, do a little flirty eyelash thing, and tell him how smart he is! Been working for 46 years.

Last edited:
My birthday was in February and my Hubby didnt get me anything. So at the end of April I told him I wanted chickens for my present. Then I needed a coop so he built me that for Mother's Day.....hmmm wonder if I can hold out for a incubator for our anniversary in September?

Why not? I just got a new shower for mine. Chickens were a given when daughter raised the idea so...
wink.png

My birthday was in February and my Hubby didnt get me anything. So at the end of April I told him I wanted chickens for my present. Then I needed a coop so he built me that for Mother's Day.....hmmm wonder if I can hold out for a incubator for our anniversary in September?

I got the incubator for Mother's Day! Hold out for it!

I got the incubator for Mother's Day!  Hold out for it! 

I might ask for a bigger coop instead because my pullets will be just starting to lay and I will need a better coop before winter comes if I want room in it for a brooder....plus I don't want to hatch the pullets first eggs
I would rather got a good coop built and hatch some eggs around Christmas.

I might ask for a bigger coop instead because my pullets will be just starting to lay and I will need a better coop before winter comes if I want room in it for a brooder....plus I don't want to hatch the pullets first eggs
I would rather got a good coop built and hatch some eggs around Christmas.

Good point. My hubby has made me some incredible coops, he's so wonderful!

Ok, I think I've got the plan. Get him a new hobby because he really spends most of his time supporting our kids in their hobbies (sports), use the flirty eyelashes and then only bring home new chicks when I can get him something for his yet-to-be-designated hobby on my way home. I did use the Mother's Day one and he was great! Why does it only come once a year!

I also figured out that for my new project, I probably need a different mom to sit on some eggs, so those wouldn't count either, right? I'm hoping that will be my silkies, but you never know. Might need a cochin, but that's more of a working bird. That definitely wouldn't count.

The joys of chicken math!! I want a flock of two dozen... that's 24 not including the 2 roosters that I want to equal out the hens at 12 a piece... My girlfriend doesn't understand the reasoning but all I say is, "Chicken math" nobody really understands it!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom