1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unexplained Death :'(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by EELover, Jul 24, 2011.

1. EELover

EELover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    I am not going to have a good day. I just got back from feeding my chickens and one of my 10 month old hens curled up in a corner and died :'(. I don't know what happened. I haven't noticed any strange behaviors with any of them lately. Its been really hot lately (upper 90's) could that be it? I'm brokenhearted! I will give an update later if there is one. My husband is doing errands and I have an issue with picking up dead things. Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened? Everyone else seems just fine.

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] I am sorry to hear about your loss. The only thing I can see for a definite answer for you is to have her necropsied at the state vet. [​IMG] It is probably best to pick her up and put her in a plastic bag if you can so the other chickens dont get near her. You can do it. Just try and be strong.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by