1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unformed egg? Help!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by harvestmoonGal, Sep 27, 2013.

1. harvestmoonGal

harvestmoonGal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2013
    Today I went in the coop to collect eggs.well there wasn't any eggs but, there was something. It looked like a plucked chicken wing at first. But when I looked at it close it looked like a intestaint! I picked it up with a stick and took it out of the cage.(I did not touch it!) it was flesh looking and it leaked liquid. Really GROSS! I thought maybe it was a SUPER deformed egg, but I don't know for sure. Can some one help me! I don't want my chickens to die, or be sick!!

2. gichickens

gichickens Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2013
    Mass
    I think it will be fine I have 13 chickens an it's happen to me a Cople times. I would mix oyster shell in there feed not tons but were you can see it in there feed. :)

3. harvestmoonGal

May 10, 2013
    Okay thank you! It really scared me :)

4. harvestmoonGal

May 10, 2013
    Update: my chicken started acting sick, she wouldn't eat she hardly ate. I found her dead in the coop today. :( I think it was a ovary or something that should came out.

5. harvestmoonGal

May 10, 2013
    Hardly drank.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by