Unfortunate question

Quote:
Absolutely!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you everyone. At this point the bird is still in the freezer, but I am pretty sure we will be cooking it up.

As to disease concerns that killed it, possible, but I highly doubt it. The way the duck pool is, I dont think the little guy would have gotten into it if it was dying from somehting else. I currently have the pool well above ground. Unfortunately I was re arranging the set up the previous day and had not yet put the bricks back into the pool as a safety for the turkeys to climb out of the water. Poor thing had no chance of getting out. I feel horrid, but that is what happened. I also saw no indication of any desease or parasites in the organs and none of other birds have shown any sign of disease before or since.

That said, it is a good point to keep in mind and if I were to find one of the birds dead with no good reason to believe I knew the cause of death, you bet it would be going to the dumpster.

On the note of roadkill, if I am pretty sure it is roadkill (as in otherwise healthy animal with broken neck or severe wounds consistant with being hit) and it is reasonably fresh, I like seeing them go to the sancturary we have locally for the meat eaters.

Yep, I'd cook that sucker up and have a fine Sunday dinner. The OP obviously knows the cause of death and if it hadn't gone stiff yet and still blead when decapitated I would have no problem putting it on the table!

Back
Top Bottom