Unidentified Poop near the coop!

I didn't realize that coons like to come out at dusk. I was also told they usually head back home around 10 or 11ish does any one find this to be true? I usually have my girls in the run still at dusk but they will be going in the coop before then from now on, just to keep them safe
I have been an avid hinter all of my life and, have coon hunted all of my life (mostly competition coon hunting). Although they're primarily nocturnal, I have treed many, many coons at 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. I have also seen many, many raccoons (among other "nocturnal" predators) walking through the woods around lunch time while sitting in a tree stand bear and deer hunting. Don't get in the mindset that coons and other predators are "only" out near, during and shortly after dark.... They're out and about when they're hungry, regardless of the time of day.

I can't believe that Lol they weren't hiding that they were hungry huh? We do live close to the woods so coons are a major thing, I'm sure any time in the day but just want to make sure that i have a good idea of when the coon rush hour begins and "ends" Lol. So I can have the chickies tucked in. We have also been dealing with hawks circling the yard. Lol when it rains it pours, right. At least hawks don't dig and I can control that situation easier with just keeping the girls secured in the covered run. I want to thank ya'll for taking time to help answer my questions. :D

Back
Top Bottom