Unifour Poultry Show(moved from Salisbury to Morganton, NC) - March 5

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing you there... I entered 21 today.
I have lost my mind...
smile.png

Yes you have LOST your MIND.. if I see it where do you want it mailed too??
tongue.png

Quote:
your inbox is full!!!! am interested in the white silkie pullet (age), non-bearded silkies (sex) and the splash pullet......

Sorry Gavin,, those are my show stock!!
tongue2.gif
I might have a few birds in the fall. I have hatched a few of my stock and waiting on them to grow up! See you at the show on Saturday!

Quote:
your inbox is full!!!! am interested in the white silkie pullet (age), non-bearded silkies (sex) and the splash pullet......

Sorry Gavin,, those are my show stock!!
tongue2.gif
I might have a few birds in the fall. I have hatched a few of my stock and waiting on them to grow up! See you at the show on Saturday!

Knew I was dreaming!!
D.gif

Just got my whopping two entries called in a bit ago.. Everyone else is growing out or still cookin in the bator.
tongue.png

I may have a lavender orpington cockerel available that I could bring if someone is interested?

Also have a few others available too:

Serama hen and pullet

Barred rock cockerel - 2-1/2 mo.

Black copper marans cockerel - 2-1/2 mo.

Blue Bantam Orpington Rooster (fertile but he is aggressive)

And juvi chicks from my mille fleur and black tail buff bantam orpinton projects. (pretty sure I have a trio of each available)

Also have a rooster that carries the chocolate gene if anyone is looking to start a project.
wink.png

Can anyone give me some details on how it works, and what I need to do if I want to register a chicken for the show?
I see now that is for OEGB, is that mean only game bantam? (this could be a silly question for any poultry show veteran
hide.gif
) Or do they have foot feather bantams in the show as well? I have a Buff Brahma, and I'm thinking to try my Silver Lace Cochin bantam as well.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey there, good morning... first thing is to find a show you want to go to ... then contact the show secretary before the entry deadline to enter your selected birds. If you get in contact with them ahead of time they will send you an entry form, but if your pushing it, they will let you call it in. Then the fun of grooming begins. Your birds will have to be tested, most shows have a tester there, you will need to check on that. I suggest becoming a member of the NPIP. A tester will come to your place and test your birds. Some shows will require differently on testing and a yearly test may not be enough. If you need help locating a tester I will be glad to help you in any way.. just PM me.

Quote:
The show is open to all breeds LF and bantams. Yesterday was the deadline to enter but you may be able to still enter if you call Brian today.
wink.png
(his number is on the first page)
Day of show you have to be there early as they have to be cooped in by 9 and to get your birds tested if they are not already (quick blood test and they will give you some paperwork) then coop in, make sure they look gorgeous and walk away!
big_smile.png
Hope this helps!
smile.png

Hey peeps.. I have 8 chicks I will be bringing to the show in Morganton. 5 blue, 2 buff, 1 gray... all have a little something about them that makes them PQ-BQ birds, like one has almost no middle toe feathering... they are just over 5 weeks old... $10 each...

Alright, I have just registered two hens for the show.
fl.gif
That's a first for me, so we'll see how it goes
fl.gif

One of the hens (Buff Brahma Bantam) that I register for the show I will have it for sale later (only to a home with lots of love) she is very sweet.
If anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited:
Quote:
Great. Now you just have bath the birds and get them nice and pretty for the show. I hope you have them cage trained and that they are handlable by the judge.

Good Luck.

Matt

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom