Union County, Ohio / Liberty Township Ohio Laws and Ordinances Needed!

Bokros

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Please help!
I am moving to the Marysville, Ohio area but will be living in West Mansfield, Ohio (Libery Township) and I have not been able to find any Laws and Ordinances online. We want to know what is allowed and what we need permits for.

Thanks so much!

Love this site and it has been amazing help!!!! :)

**Update: Is it possible that this town has no real laws and ordinances since it is all farm land?

Last edited:
Just wondering if you ever got the info you needed? I didn't see this post until now.

Sometimes Ohio townships do not have their own zoning which means they are regulated by county zoning. However, there are certain limitations on what a county (or township) can prohibit in terms of chickens or other agriculture. Some townships do have zoning codes, but they aren't available online. In that case, call them and ask for a copy. I recommend seeing the actual ordinances yourself rather than just asking if chickens are allowed.

How big is your property? Knowing whether your property is located in a platted subdivision is very helpful in determining whether township zoning can restrict you from agricultural uses.

ETA: Looks like nothing is posted online on their page, so I'd give them a call. www.libertytownshipunionco.com

Last edited:
Wholehearted,
Thank you for replying. I have not gotten an answer on this and the websites have not been very helpful.
This Township is north of Columbus Ohio. We will live in West Mansfield, Union County. Any info would be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom