1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

unique problem-help please

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, Feb 17, 2009.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    how would you get hydrolic( sp sorry) fluid out of a gray felt hat? long story...lol DH has important Dog run tomorrow. any ideas? I have tried dry baking soda and dish detergent, not much luck. thanks in advance, Micah [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Hydraulic oil can be tuff to get out. But hand cleaner works the best on clothes. Not sure how good it would work on felt. But its worth a shot.

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Try a coke, it is supposed to get oil to "military inspection" level of clean.
    Try a little on a toothbrush in an inconspicuous area if you can first.....

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:I just learned that today! DH spilled diesel fuel on my good kitchen towel. I was whining at him when I was folding the towels because they all still smell funny! (after 3 washes!) He says, well at work we wash our rags with coke! Well now is a fine time to tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So try it, that may be the ticket!!

5. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Powdered Spic-N-Span?? I know it worked for getting the diesel smell out. Just don't know about felt. You would probably blot, don't rub. [​IMG]

6. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    maybe some Simple Green??

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    oxyclean

don't know for sure really but on mythbusters they did coke testing...it may have gotten like a dirty bumper somewhat clean but only because it's a watery substance...the myths were knocked down. But that's not to say one can't try it. It'd be interesting.

me,
    g

8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I would use Hand Cleaner ' " Goop" for a greasy type spill.

One thing that amazed me but I'm not sure if it would work for a grease type spill
    is Hydrogen Peroxide. When my Dad was ill, he fainted at church on Easter and
    the paramedics poured Hydrogen peroxide on his Silk suit to get blood off... my mom
    almost fainted then but it came right off and the suit was good as new. My Dad was
    fine by this time or my Mom wouldnt have cared about the suit of course! [​IMG]

Good Luck!

Nancy

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Thank you all so much! I'll get busy trying, I'll let ya'll know my results. Micah [​IMG]

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm....makes one wonder about drinking Coke! [​IMG]

I've found Simple Green works good for me. Good luck getting that stain out! Laundry stains are the bane of my existence!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by