Unknown breed

She almost looks like a Blue Copper Marans... maybe a mix like that? Leg color and whether they are feathered or not would help... she's a gorgeous blue though!

Btw, many people who sell their eggs for eating don't like to keep broody prone hens... nothing wrong with them, just some like to hatch more than lay... she looks fine and healthy too! :)

Or she could be a blue copper maran.... probably most likely

Really? That would be so great.

I appreciate the helpful concerns. I am sorry I was just a bit taken by suprise with the direction that went!

I used to have 26 girls all for egg laying and sold the eggs. But I had to move recently to a bigger house/smaller garden (baby due) and gave most of them away. So now, I'm looking at a 2-3 egg layers 2 brooders set up. Will be more than enough eggs just for us and the chance at a clutch every year.

Last edited:
We were merely pointing out that sometimes hens don't get off the eggs like they need to, and need to be picked up off the eggs. If the hen won't come off, and you don't make her, bad things can happen. A lot of people with first time broodies don't know that.

Are you in the UK? If so, she may be a hybird that's common there we in the States aren't as familiar with.

I'm glad you found her, and she found you
smile.png
. Folks who want eggs can be very vexed by a constant broody. Those of us who want broodies cherish them and seek them out. Sounds like a perfect match!

Back
Top Bottom