1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unknown breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dazz02, Aug 4, 2013.

1. dazz02

dazz02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    I just got some new birds that looked goods but don't know what they are. Any help to the breed and sex would be good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need any further information please ask. They aren't silkies as they only have 4 toes and the coloured one has feathered legs whilst the black one doesn't. They are both around 10 inches tall.

2. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    How old are they? They both look like boys right now, especially the white one.

3. dazz02

dazz02 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    I don't know how old they are, i would say that they are quite old and look like they may be bantams. They were let out in a woodland close to me where people dump unwanted animals, there are a lot of cockerels that were chasing them around so i thought i should have them. They seemed happy to go and came right up to me for me to take.

4. shmccarthy

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    They almost look like bantam EEs to me. The white one could be some kind of EE cross. They both still look like males to me, probably why someone left them there :/ they're very cute though

5. emma p

emma p Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    They look like bantams, I don't know the breed though sorry. They are really cute!

6. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    The white one is a Silver Mille Fleur Belgian d'Uccle roo

7. chickenluver555

chickenluver555 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    Virginia
    the colored one is a rooster for sure, don't know the breed though, it could be what K Spot said. The black one could be an Australorp? It looks like a cockerel though

8. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    Wrong body type and way too small to be an Australorp - even a bantam Australorp wouldn't look like that.

9. shmccarthy

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    Silver and Mille fleur are two different colors for a d'uccle unless you mean silver and Mille fleur mixed? They both look to have pea combs and that is consistant with the Easter egger. It could be crossed with a d'uccle though. I still think the silver one is an EE cross and the black one is a black bantam EE

10. chickenluver555

chickenluver555 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    Virginia
    oh. I was just going out on a limb there. Hmmm what could it be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by