Unknown Mite/Lice Species

Lice. I spray my birds and my coop with permethrin. Every 7 days until all signs of lice are gone. Make sure you get get product all the way down to the skin. Under vent along belly, under wings, and base of tail are areas you'll want to focus on.

@Kiki and @cmomhave some product images/info saved that they can share with you.

I just deep cleaned the coop and discarded all the bedding. I sprayed the whole coop with permethrin solution and let it air out a little. I added fresh bedding, fresh nesting material, all of that kind of stuff. I sprayed the hens all the places @Ovaro Mare mentioned. I hope this helps because I’m sure those lice are very uncomfortable for my hens!

I just deep cleaned the coop and discarded all the bedding. I sprayed the whole coop with permethrin solution and let it air out a little. I added fresh bedding, fresh nesting material, all of that kind of stuff. I sprayed the hens all the places @Ovaro Mare mentioned. I hope this helps because I’m sure those lice are very uncomfortable for my hens!
Great job! Make sure you treat them again in 7-10 days.

If you read the link posted previously you will know the mixture but I will post it again. You need to treat weekly for 3 or 4 weeks because it does not kill the pests eggs so repeated weekly treatments are necessary, Also there is no egg withdrawal period. Elector PSP will work too but again some say once and done but in their fact sheet also says repeat treatments may be needed and Elector is quite expensive. I mix the 0.50% solution of permethrin. Good luck...
Permethrin10ConcentrateMix.jpg
casportponyPermethrinChart.jpg

Attachments

• PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 3
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
  • PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 3
If you read the link posted previously you will know the mixture but I will post it again. You need to treat weekly for 3 or 4 weeks because it does not kill the pests eggs so repeated weekly treatments are necessary, Also there is no egg withdrawal period. Elector PSP will work too but again some say once and done but in their fact sheet also says repeat treatments may be needed and Elector is quite expensive. I mix the 0.50% solution of permethrin. Good luck...
View attachment 2797738View attachment 2797740
I got it. There were also mixing instruction on the bottle. I plan on spraying once per week until I am not finding lice anymore. I didn’t see Elector PSP at my feed store and I don’t really want to order it online. If I just can’t get rid of them I might try it, but I have a feeling the permethrin will work. Thank you for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom