unknown peeps, now pullets/cockerels PLEASE help me I.D.!

Wow, ak, thank you for all of that info. You see, we have always been "rabbit" show people until last year!!
I have had layers in my back yard for the past few years, but didn't start showing (one) until last summer at the fair.
We only had one that was a pure breed and we had help classifying him!
He went to a good home after the fair because we can't have a rooster in town; only hens.
We are leasing a barn out of town for our meat chickens, this year, and will take our roosters there!
LOVE this forum!
~Meee

Last edited:
Happy I could help. We raise/show rabbits, cavies (guinea pigs), goats, and poultry in both open and 4-H as well as at sanctioned shows. It's really a lot of fun and it's an activity that my daughter and I can share on a daily basis. It's always rewarding to raise a nice healthy animal and have it be successful on the show table or in the show ring. It's even more rewarding when it's an animal you bred yourself.

Much like rabbits, the poultry judge will be looking at alot of different factors - disqualifications/defects, color, breed characteristics, and overall condition (feather and flesh). Grooming can be to your benefit. Bathing your birds, trimming the nails, etc all help.

Good luck.
big_smile.png

Thanks, ak!
When ARBA nationals came close by, to Indy in 2005, we won BOB Polish, youth with a young buck born in our barn!
It is in Indy, again, this fall, and we are going to enter some "new" Polish. You are right; rabbits and chickens are fun!
We live in a small village and, fortunately, are able to keep rabbits, chickens and goats; however, we don't have any goats.

~Mary

EE cockerels.... don't know about the silkie to young...
golden sebright pullet
black breasted red or bbred cockerel
black breasted red pullet so you have a pair
show in the fair is always fun my daughter (Mikayla) and I show chickens, duck, and rabbits...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup, you are the only one.
wink.png
there are no Wyandottes in this lot she is showing us. The only Gold Laced anybody here is the Golden Sebright and we don't call them Gold Laced, just Golden.

Are we sure that the last one is a OEG? It looks like it has white ear lopes, and that case it would be a Brown Leghorn. Like my Bantam Brown Leghorn--Peeps:

250013_2116729120047_1300291452_2596658_6127219_n.jpg

Just a thought.
smile.png

Quote:
Wow!! That's awesome. I've never had a chance to go to any of the ARBA national shows but I'd like to sometime. My best friend raises Polish and Havanas. My daughter and I have Flemish, Tans, and Holland Lops but my daughter really has her heart set on Himis. There are no Himi breeders up here so I'm trying to ship some in from "the lower 48".
big_smile.png
Good luck at Convention.

Hey, AK, I know a Himi breeder! I have Mini Rex and Netherland Dwarfs. I have shown a little, but my friend shows nationally and was Best of Breed at the National Mini Rex show last year. But I know this Himi breeder shows nationally as well and I can get you the contact info if you need it. PM me if you do.

Back
Top Bottom