Unofficial Poll- What comes first, the chicken, or the egg?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

• The chicken!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The egg!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other explanation

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I have no idea!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The rooster?

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
Pics
Well, if the feathered dinosaurs layed the egg, which became a chicken, then wouldn't the answer count as chicken because the ancient featured dinosaur chicken layed the egg! :lau :lau

Maybe a good way to think about it is as a breed. The feathered dinosaurs can't be chickens because A) They don't meet the breed description and B) They don't breed true. :) BUT they still layed the egg that hatched into a chicken. Much like a black marans and and a cream leg bar are not olive eggers, but their offspring IS because we've got that definition.

Now whether or not the egg itself is a CHICKEN EGG is a bit trickier - I'd say it isn't a chicken egg but it still hatched out a chicken, much like it's not an olive egger egg, but still hatched out an olive egger.

But either way, the egg was there and the chicken wasn't. The egg existed, even though the olive egger didn't yet exist.

Maybe a good way to think about it is as a breed. The feathered dinosaurs can't be chickens because A) They don't meet the breed description and B) They don't breed true. :) BUT they still layed the egg that hatched into a chicken. Much like a black marans and and a cream leg bar are not olive eggers, but their offspring IS because we've got that definition.

Now whether or not the egg itself is a CHICKEN EGG is a bit trickier - I'd say it isn't a chicken egg but it still hatched out a chicken, much like it's not an olive egger egg, but still hatched out an olive egger.

But either way, the egg was there and the chicken wasn't. The egg existed, even though the olive egger didn't yet exist.
Your saying that a reptile layed an egg and it hatched into a bird ?

Also the olive egger is still a chicken, breeds and a species are different things .

How did the egg come first before the chicken? Why of course I will explain. :plbb

A long, long time ago there was a jungle fowl that was %99.9999999999 chicken, and that jungle fowl mated with another jungle fowl that was %99.9999999999 chicken too. They lay a few eggs and in the egg lies the fetuses that are %100 chicken!

FIGHT ME! :plbb
A jungle fowl that wasn't a chicken ? So where did the jungle fowl come from with all that chicken in it ?! Lol 😂🤣

How did the egg come first before the chicken? Why of course I will explain. :plbb

A long, long time ago there was a jungle fowl that was %99.9999999999 chicken, and that jungle fowl mated with another jungle fowl that was %99.9999999999 chicken too. They lay a few eggs and in the egg lies the fetuses that are %100 chicken!

FIGHT ME! :plbb
The jungle fowl theory keeps coming up here! I love it! :lau :clap :lau

Back
Top Bottom