Unofficial Poll- What comes first, the chicken, or the egg?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

• The chicken!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The egg!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other explanation

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I have no idea!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The rooster?

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
Pics
Hen, I mean, that's how I interpreted the question, yes. :p Factually speaking, regardless of how you define "what is a chicken", anything that a layperson would identify as a chicken came from an egg and, if you go far enough back, creatures that a layperson would no longer refer to as a chicken.

I mean, if we're bringing religion into the mix, then CLEARLY they spawned from maggots that appeared on Mimirs body spontaneously. :p Therefore, chickens came first.
It's also amusingly notable that actually the norse description of the creation of the world matches up superficially with the scientific theories behind the big bang and evolution. Everything being under extreme colliding forces, then after some time a violent explosion and destruction of the fabric of all existence as matter is scattered across the universe, in this case the body of Mimir. Then came water, then land and primitive life, and eventually clear skies and later thinking humans which came from trees. (Celtic does too.)

But if we're taking it literally, maggots came first.

Whoa...Mind blown again! Putting boots back on.
* This chicken and egg thing can bring out some enlightening & interesting views.😎
I was really tired when I posted that, and regretted it later. It came off as harsh and arrogant, so I apologize. Most scientists are constrained by a refusal to acknowledge a Creator, however, as an answer or solution to some of science's questions, so they have to some up with alternative explanations, when "it was created" is the most logical explanation.

You can look at anything from a mousetrap to a space station and see that it has purpose and design, and determine that an intelligent designer crafted it. Nobody would assume that it came randomly into existence on its own, no matter how many millenia you would care to think it took. Yet we look at complex life forms that not only exist but can reproduce themselves, which a moustrap cannot, and believe they came into existence at random on their own. This is unbelievable to me. This takes far more faith than any religion. In my opinion.

I was really tired when I posted that, and regretted it later. It came off as harsh and arrogant, so I apologize. Most scientists are constrained by a refusal to acknowledge a Creator, however, as an answer or solution to some of science's questions, so they have to some up with alternative explanations, when "it was created" is the most logical explanation.

You can look at anything from a mousetrap to a space station and see that it has purpose and design, and determine that an intelligent designer crafted it. Nobody would assume that it came randomly into existence on its own, no matter how many millenia you would care to think it took. Yet we look at complex life forms that not only exist but can reproduce themselves, which a moustrap cannot, and believe they came into existence at random on their own. This is unbelievable to me. This takes far more faith than any religion. In my opinion.
Oh I didn't think you came across anyways other than interesting. :hugsI just think it's pretty cool how a chicken and egg debate can be. Shows diversity and it reminds me of a article I read about the different people in friends group...every person in a friend group bringing different traits and views and without each person, the group wouldn't be the same or interesting! :love

:eek: Maggots, my dear? Maggots feed on dead and decaying flesh! Who died, that they could feed on, if they were here first?!
:lau

Mimir died. Duuuuuh.

For reference, Mimir is sort of a metaphysical representation of matter in norse faith.

In the beginning there was nothing but colliding chaotic forces, fire and ice, endlessly pressing against one another, and from that void came Mimir. Later Mimir spawns the gods and giants, who slay him causing a great explosion and rush of blood that kills almost all of his children. They then take pieces of his body and use them to create all the realms in the universe (including earth) and command flaming balls of rock (which were also pieces of his body) to calm and march orderly across the sky.

Since the earth is literally a body, it spawned maggots that became animals and later, humans. In Norse faith, things that are human-like but "live in the rocks and earth" come before actual humans, who are later granted understanding and speech. Which lines up nicely with evolution. Highly compatible TBH.

Therefore, maggots came first. XD

This is a semantic definition of what is a "Chicken Egg" as they state that eggs, in general came first but, perhaps, CHICKEN eggs did not.

I believe in this case they are correct. *AN* egg made a chicken at one point, but the egg itself was NOT a "chicken" egg. Much like an egg that PRODUCES an olive egger often is not olive colored nor would you say "this is an olive egger egg" even if it contains a potential olive egger chicken.

However you MAY be able to say that the chicken HATCHING EGG came first, as hatching eggs potentially containing olive eggers are often sold as "olive egger hatching eggs", despite they themselves not being olive egger eggs.

That would be suitable with our current language structure and term definitions accepted by the majority of the bird keeping community.
Thank you for explaining this much better than I did😊 It's been a long week and my brain is fuzzy😉

Mimir died. Duuuuuh.

For reference, Mimir is sort of a metaphysical representation of matter in norse faith.

In the beginning there was nothing but colliding chaotic forces, fire and ice, endlessly pressing against one another, and from that void came Mimir. Later Mimir spawns the gods and giants, who slay him causing a great explosion and rush of blood that kills almost all of his children. They then take pieces of his body and use them to create all the realms in the universe (including earth) and command flaming balls of rock (which were also pieces of his body) to calm and march orderly across the sky.

Since the earth is literally a body, it spawned maggots that became animals and later, humans. In Norse faith, things that are human-like but "live in the rocks and earth" come before actual humans, who are later granted understanding and speech. Which lines up nicely with evolution. Highly compatible TBH.

Therefore, maggots came first. XD
After reading all these posts this is how I picture you in my brain...:gigYou seem to know a little
bit about everything!:D

Smart People Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Back
Top Bottom