Unpasteurized Eggs

I don't know where everyone else shops, but I've never seen a Julian date more than a week or so old in my stores. I'm no connoisseur, but eggs all taste pretty much the same to me. There's nothing wrong with store eggs
hu.gif

I don't know where everyone else shops, but I've never seen a Julian date more than a week or so old in my stores.  I'm no connoisseur, but eggs all taste pretty much the same to me.  There's nothing wrong with store eggs :confused:

Store bought eggs taste like meds, and some people are allergic to them, reason I can sell mine for $4.00 per doz and couldn't keep up.

I'll admit to being kind of an "egg snob". I can tell the difference. I believe that my farm raised eggs are richer in flavor.

I would also trust my unpasteurized farm eggs to be much safer than anything you'd get at the grocery store.

Last edited:
My OB, his nurse and I were just talking about homegrown eggs because the nurse also raises chickens. I'm in the 3rd trimester and have been eating homegrown eggs and no problems, they are so fresh, I feel like less chance of anything. But the OB didn't seem concerned at all when talking about them, but I usually have scrambled,over hard or hard boiled, but *ahem* I had some raw in cookie dough also.

Hi everyone! I hope it's okay that I post this here. I was torn between here and the disease section. I was curious on the opinion of eating farm fresh eggs while pregnant. Our hens are going to start producing shortly and I've never had a flock while pregnant. They all seem healthy, but I don't have the experienced eye that many of you have.

We just love this flock. Their personalities are so varied! We have 9 in total. Thanks for your answers and having patience with this newbie!

Unpasteurized raw eggs are touted as the breakfast of champions.

https://www.tastingtable.com/dine/national/raw-eggs-long-life-oldest-person

Back
Top Bottom