unpopular chicken opinions??

Pics
Lol, I think this is why I went for a whole flock of them this time around! For whatever reason I decided I wanted just a good classic looking chicken. I also wanted a good temperament and I’m a fan of heavier breeds, so Orpingtons it was.

There actually isn’t a single buff in the flock though, in fact they’re a mix of buff Colombian, chocolate, mauve, silver laced, and gold laced. Not that I’d mind plain buffs!

My own personal unpopular opinion is that I dislike silkies and Easter Eggers, although from this thread I’m finding these aren’t all that unpopular actually. For some reason, when I see the little dark silky faces with a puff of feathers on their head and beady eyes, they remind me of a gorilla 🤣 As for EEs, I just prefer chickens that have a standard look to them.
B- But- But...... BOOF!!!

(this is an Ameraucana not an EE but I think the beard/muff is what you were talking about.)

Daisy Comb.jpg

B- But- But...... BOOF!!!

(this is an Ameraucana not an EE but I think the beard/muff is what you were talking about.)

View attachment 2505077
Haha I love the beards!! I was saying how I’ve seen so many “mutt chickens” people call Easter eggers bc they lay colored eggs, and they all look so different. Aracaunas and Ameraucanas are actual breeds with a standard, right? Or am I wrong? Educate me!

Sorry, I don’t know everyone here well enough yet to know what they keep! Lol.
But I mean if you think about it, in the grand scheme of chickens, they are boring, compared to all the funky combs and crests and patterns out there.
True. But they are a lot sweeter than many breeds.

Haha I love the beards!! I was saying how I’ve seen so many “mutt chickens” people call Easter eggers bc they lay colored eggs, and they all look so different. Aracaunas and Ameraucanas are actual breeds with a standard, right? Or am I wrong? Educate me!
You get an A+!!!!

Ameraucanas and Araucana are actual breed.

Easter Eggers are mutts that have a chance to lay colored eggs. Meaning they can look like anything. They are also commonly called Americana, Ameracauna, Amarecauana, and any other misspelling of Ameraucana.

You also get +10 points for spelling Ameraucana right.

-2 for spelling Araucana wrong but I don't care about Araucana spelling as much as Ameraucana.

You get an A+!!!!

Ameraucanas and Araucana are actual breed.

Easter Eggers are mutts that have a chance to lay colored eggs. Meaning they can look like anything. They are also commonly called Americana, Ameracauna, Amarecauana, and any other misspelling of Ameraucana.

You also get +10 points for spelling Ameraucana right.

-2 for spelling Araucana wrong but I don't care about Araucana spelling as much as Ameraucana.

Cool cool, thanks for clearing that up! From here on out I will remember how to spell Araucana, I promise.

Also for any confusion, brahmorp is another account that I have that I created after forgetting this one's info. Different devices sign into different ones now and I need to figure out how to delete one of the two. So, sorry if my posting seems weird!

Cool cool, thanks for clearing that up! From here on out I will remember how to spell Araucana, I promise.

Also for any confusion, brahmorp is another account that I have that I created after forgetting this one's info. Different devices sign into different ones now and I need to figure out how to delete one of the two. So, sorry if my posting seems weird!
Hmm, you might want to talk to a mod about the account thing. They might be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom