Unread threads

jher77

Songster
Nov 19, 2020
I go into threads that I've never seen before and it puts me in the middle of the coversation like I've read the first part of it or something. This has seemed to happened before but now that I've payed attention, I'm sure of it.

I think it may have something to do with the time between I click one of the subforums and the time I click "mark read". What I mean is someone posts a thread between those times that I don't see and it marks it as if I've read that thread.

I go into threads that I've never seen before and it puts me in the middle of the coversation like I've read the first part of it or something. This has seemed to happened before but now that I've payed attention, I'm sure of it.

I think it may have something to do with the time between I click one of the subforums and the time I click "mark read". What I mean is someone posts a thread between those times that I don't see and it marks it as if I've read that thread.
What threads are doing this?

I'll see a thread in bold (unread) and then I click it and it scrolls me to the middle of the thread I've never looked at. Then I'll look at the previous posts and they are fairly new, within the last time I've clicked "mark read".

Sometimes I spend several minutes looking around a subforum and sometimes I'm in and out. I always click "mark read" so I can see what is new when I come back. Come to think of it maybe the new or updated threads are being posted on page1 when I go to page2, page3, etc because the last new page is where I click "mark read".

I'll see a thread in bold (unread) and then I click it and it scrolls me to the middle of the thread I've never looked at. Then I'll look at the previous posts and they are fairly new, within the last time I've clicked "mark read".

Sometimes I spend several minutes looking around a subforum and sometimes I'm in and out. I always click "mark read" so I can see what is new when I come back. Come to think of it maybe the new or updated threads are being posted on page1 when I go to page2, page3, etc because the last new page is where I click "mark read".
Can you take a screenshot of where exactly you're clicking this 'mark read' thing at?

So you are clicking a whole forum as marked read..
At that second you click it marked read the threads think you have read everything up to that point.
You then click to read a particular thread and it starting you off at the point where you last clicked marked read even though you didn't read it.

I highly recommend not clicking a whole forum as marked read if you want to start reading certain threads from the beginning and not start reading where you last clicked the marked thread.

You would never know the threads are doing that if you don't pay close attention because you don't know what is being posted and then "marked read" behind your back so to speak.

Yes the whole subforum "marked read".

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom