1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Unrealistic Fear Part two - Denise in training

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MstrFiksIt, Apr 8, 2007.

1. MstrFiksIt

MstrFiksIt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    Bloomingdale Michigan
    Okay here is the newest video...SHe did much better today although I could never let her watch my back in the coup...haha.

2. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Very nice video, honey. Makes me look scared of Jack in both. Hopefully, I will get better each time we work on this.
    I think this video is a little on the long side, honey, Next time lets make it a little shorter.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  3. MstrFiksIt

Apr 8, 2007
    Bloomingdale Michigan
    Just wanted to see if anyone else is viewing these videos..

let me know if you would like to see more.

Gary

4. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I'm watching them!!! I guess I've been replying on the first thread. I totally love the videos, and I'm impressed by all the trouble you all go to. I laughed (and felt guilty laughing) all morning at the last one.

If Jack has actually spurred folks though... is it fair to say her fears are unrealistic? Given he seems perfectly mellow in the films, but I can understand being a little jumpy. Maybe not unreasonable... maybe just... mmm... excessive...?

She has hugs from me, though.

[​IMG]

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    C'mon Denise! From one Denise to another, we're tougher than roosters!! [​IMG] You can do it!
    By the way, just got my first issue of "Practical Poultry"...
    there's an article in there about people using those colorful electric wire twisty covers on rooster spurs to protect themselves from being spurred. Really! I'm not making it up! [​IMG]

6. GoPups

GoPups Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I can't wait for the next installment!!

I had a Barred Rock roo named Graffiti. He was MEAN. He'd chase me around the yard, and I'd turn around and stomp back at him, and he'd run away like a little girl! [​IMG]

7. Kimblee

Kimblee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    Quote:Our rooster used to stamp and scratch the ground, then try to attack any man who entered the yard....

But he would make little chick noises and run for my arms when I went out with the veggie bucket every morning....

He owned me, and he so knew it.

8. MstrFiksIt

Apr 8, 2007
    Bloomingdale Michigan
    Okay I will try and get another video up in the next few days...Denise is working late this week so she won't be around much during chore time...maybe my daughter will catch Jack attacking me...I doubt it though - he and I have come to an understanding...

Jack did spur me once - drew blood and everything - but I am not afraid of him and I think he feeds on Denise's fear.

We have a whole family of livestock, a cow, a goat, about 19 chickens and Jack the rooster. we also have six dogs, four cats, and 2 pigs.

my next video I will introduce you to all of them....

thanks for the positive response to my videos...I love making them.

Have a great day everyone
    Gary

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by