Skrollover

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2019
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

One in pictures above is a 10 week old chick. I think it’s a rooster. I incubated some eggs for my moms mixed rooster and her her barred rocks. Her brother is below he was crowing loud and proud this week. I was hopeful that one of the lighter chickens would be a hen but I’m not sure.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

this barred rock is definitely a rooster as well.

can you guys help me with the chicken in the first few pictures?! I need the help, I’m a long time lurker and I believe first time poster.

What’s the dominant breed in these chickens? How do you guys know it’s a cockerel, besides the coloring? I’m new to incubating and hatching. I’ve raised chickens but mostly got them from local farmers or from tractor supply. My moms has her own and has roosters but is selling and changing her flock but eventually will join these chicks in the mix. Her rooster she got from another farmer but she doesn’t know what breed it was.

What’s the dominant breed in these chickens? How do you guys know it’s a cockerel, besides the coloring? I’m new to incubating and hatching. I’ve raised chickens but mostly got them from local farmers or from tractor supply. My moms has her own and has roosters but is selling and changing her flock but eventually will join these chicks in the mix. Her rooster she got from another farmer but she doesn’t know what breed it was.
There are a few different way but the most obvious for me is the red patches on the wings. Females do not get coloring like that, only males.

Back
Top Bottom